Sign in to follow this  
duanester

microsoft accepts defeat

“People today seek and consume information in considerably different ways than in years past. As part of Microsoft’s goal to deliver the most effective and engaging resources for today’s consumer, it has made the decision to exit

And they'll be saying that about windows if linux distros become more popular

In the time of BI (before internet) when I was a child, our parents did have to go out and purchase encyclopedias, and we did use them as a reference for school work

In the time of BI (before internet) when I was a child, our parents did have to go out and purchase encyclopedias, and we did use them as a reference for school work

Man your old :geezer:

Bear

yup......

we didn't sit home and watch tv, didn't have computers, ipods, play stations, or guitar hero. We actually went outside and played all day but had to be home when the street lights came on

yup......

we didn't sit home and watch tv, didn't have computers, ipods, play stations, or guitar hero. We actually went outside and played all day but had to be home when the street lights came on

Don't forget no cell phones, about eight t.v stations, two kinds of gas, one phone company, three cents to mail a letter, air mail was 8 cents.

Bear

possibly joe

i think charging people/ making a business of selling information is totally wrong !

Knowledge is power. Of course people will have to pay for it. Do you think it's totally wrong to pay teachers?

The cost of being a teacher almost out weights the income of teaching!

teaching degree at U of M

Michigan Resident

Full time (9+ credits) $8,336

First Hour $1,241

Additional Hours $887

NON-Michigan Resident

Full time (9+ credits) $16,867

First Hour $2,189

Additional Hours $1,835

3 terms per year times 6 yrs for a masters degree, lab fees extra

http://www.umich.edu/~regoff/tuition/full.html#Upper_Gen

Edited by Joe C

Some states pay their teachers more than others. But I do believe that KRAM has a point. Also, in the IT field, you're selling your knowledge. I mean, any body can punch keys on a keyboard, right? But who can punch the keys in the right order to fix problems?

Knowledge is power. Of course people will have to pay for it. Do you think it's totally wrong to pay teachers?

who is talking about teachers :rofl2: