Sign in to follow this  
Jo-Ann

video Camera

I have installed a video camera., it keeps telling me Sorry you do not have video capture hardware. My daughter is getting the same message.

Can anyone help me with this., we were hoping to be able to see the baby and one another. I have already downloaded Skype but don't know how to use that either. Any suggestion????

JO Ann

hmmm, if its xp then im not sure what the problem is.

what program are you using to capture video? (other than skype)

try using yawcam (www.yawcam.com), that has always worked for me

hmmm, if its xp then im not sure what the problem is.

what program are you using to capture video? (other than skype)

try using yawcam (www.yawcam.com), that has always worked for me

tO START with I have no idea what I am doing with the camera........ do I have to have a person at the other end to be able to capture ???? I only have skype downloaded don't have any idea what to do with it? so you see I am really a green horn with this camera thing.

Jo Ann

using software such as yawcam will let you capture images from your own webcam. while skype lets you do video calling, which streams your webcam so that your friend can see you, and streams their webcam so you can see them.

the problems you are having are caused either by the software, the OS, the driver(the software that runs the hardware). or the hardware itself

because its windows xp and not vista, it probably isnt the operating system that is at fault. if yawcam cant find your camera then it is probably not the software that is at fault.

after that we can guide you on how to sort out the driver for it. if that doesnt resolve the issue then it might be a problem with the camera itself.

using software such as yawcam will let you capture images from your own webcam. while skype lets you do video calling, which streams your webcam so that your friend can see you, and streams their webcam so you can see them.

the problems you are having are caused either by the software, the OS, the driver(the software that runs the hardware). or the hardware itself

because its windows xp and not vista, it probably isnt the operating system that is at fault. if yawcam cant find your camera then it is probably not the software that is at fault.

after that we can guide you on how to sort out the driver for it. if that doesnt resolve the issue then it might be a problem with the camera itself.

I am having problems downloading the Yawcam.... it's asking me to download Java Runtime Enviroment (JRE6) or later. I have tried to download that., and I accept but have no idea what is going on. I still have not gotten pass that download. I think I am running 32 bit., and the JRE says it is 64 bit., so I have no idea what I am doing. up until now I still have nothing. Please help

Jo Ann

Did you install the software that came with the web cam? Let's deal with one problem at a time to limit confusion so skype will have to wait until you iron out the web cam. Realize your freaking out right now but take a deep breath relax then lets do this a step at a time. Brand name of the web cam type connection on the web cam.

What does the owners manual say about installing the camera do it say that you need Java to work? If need Java then you need to download JRE for windows from the Java website. Your browser might need permission to download the file that will show a thin little bar at the top of the page that you have to right click on to allow the download. Then you should be asked if you want to save or run the file. If you save it then you will need to run it from your hard drive where ever you saved the file.

Did you install the software that came with the web cam? Let's deal with one problem at a time to limit confusion so skype will have to wait until you iron out the web cam. Realize your freaking out right now but take a deep breath relax then lets do this a step at a time. Brand name of the web cam type connection on the web cam.

What does the owners manual say about installing the camera do it say that you need Java to work? If need Java then you need to download JRE for windows from the Java website. Your browser might need permission to download the file that will show a thin little bar at the top of the page that you have to right click on to allow the download. Then you should be asked if you want to save or run the file. If you save it then you will need to run it from your hard drive where ever you saved the file.

I am on my laptop right now so I don't have the camera right here. I think it is called AMCAP it does however have the microsoft logo above the desktop icon. Yes I installed the drivers that came with it., The instruction are very few. When I did a test on skype I can hear my voice so the microphone is working. But I have no idea how to do the video capture. That been trying to download the Java JRE for windows but that to won't go. I clicked on the run but nothing happened., it went to something I didn't reconize. I can't find it on my computer so I don't think it downloaded...... Yea I guess I am freaking out a little however I didn't think so. The camera is hooked up bu USB and mic cable., mine is hoooked to a USB hub, my daughter is hooked directly to a USB port onn the front of her computer., and she is getting the exact same thing as I am. I really do appreciate any help you can give me. Why is the world can't I download the Java JRE for windows.????? that is the biggest baffel to me.

Jo Ann

Edited by Jo-Ann

I am on my laptop right now so I don't have the camera right here. I think it is called AMCAP it does however have the microsoft logo above the desktop icon. Yes I installed the drivers that came with it., The instruction are very few. When I did a test on skype I can hear my voice so the microphone is working. But I have no idea how to do the video capture. That been trying to download the Java JRE for windows but that to won't go. I clicked on the run but nothing happened., it went to something I didn't reconize. I can't find it on my computer so I don't think it downloaded...... Yea I guess I am freaking out a little however I didn't think so. The camera is hooked up bu USB and mic cable., mine is hoooked to a USB hub, my daughter is hooked directly to a USB port onn the front of her computer., and she is getting the exact same thing as I am. I really do appreciate any help you can give me. Why is the world can't I download the Java JRE for windows.????? that is the biggest baffel to me.

Jo Ann

Now even stranger I just installed it on my laptop with Vista and it seems to be working just fine., I can see myself on the screen. How come I can get it to work on Vista and not XP ?? I still don't know how to get to see someone else.

The camera is.... Macrovision Corp. ZSMC YSB OC Cam ZS211

Jo Ann

Edited by Jo-Ann

OK guys somehow and I have no idea how., I got both camera's working.,it needed to detect hardware and then it worked after I re-installed the drivers. I can see myself in both., on XP as well as on the laptop VISTA........ now how do I do streaming ???? LIke I want to be able to see our new granddaughter on screen too. How do I go about doing that ??

Jo Ann

Edited by Jo-Ann