Sign in to follow this  
Angelina

Boot problems after del index.dat /s command

My test results recommended that I do the command of "del index.dat /s" (without the quotes) in safe mode command prompt which I did and then, the next time I booted up my PC, it took forever to load. Before I could even access the task manager to see what was going on, it was about 3 minutes. And then, it took another 10 minutes to load the processes but not all of them loaded. That (del index.dat /s) was the only change I did to my PC before this happened. I rebooted 3 times and the same thing. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Edited by Angelina

My test results recommended that I do the command of "del index.dat /s" (without the quotes) in safe mode command prompt which I did and then, the next time I booted up my PC, it took forever to load. Before I could even access the task manager to see what was going on, it was about 3 minutes. And then, it took another 10 minutes to load the processes but not all of them loaded. That (del index.dat /s) was the only change I did to my PC before this happened. I rebooted 3 times and the same thing. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Nevermind. :mrgreen: It was anAvast RPC error just happening to malfunction at the same time.