Sign in to follow this  
duanester

Reading First

Reading can be just as important and as critical to signing a legal document !

yes' these days an eula can be difficult to understand, is this why no one wants to read one ?

or the shameful thread' the purchaser didn't know about the option to disable auto renewal !

are we in that much of a hurry that we totally ignore this benefit of learning ?

does it take up your time to learn................ also' don't you feel a bit un-eased when agreeing to terms of a contract you haven't read ?

please' i would love your views and opinions on this manner, thanks :)

TBH I don't have the energy or time to waste reading such things, obviously something that could be really serious then yes I will take time etc, but for most things I ask questions, so I kind of read it, I ask about what it does\doesn't do for me etc, so I have it verbally, yes I know that the written version will be what they stick to if it hits the fan, but thats why I will only use places I trust to get stuff that requires signing anything, not the "correct" way to do things, but thats what I do personally, but renewal type things, mailing things etc are always listed with a check box usually, and those I look for and pay attention to, the rest I take on trust.

i usually will skip terms and conditions unless it is for something i paid for, in which case i read it before signing.

figured that out with my first car purchase and i just signed the loan paper.... ooops, lol.

do that once and you'll learn real quick about reading the small print.

jacee' that should be interesting, i figured that many have read these eula's and agreed to them regardless !

i think the some persons would still agree to the lamest terms because they need the app that badly.

TBH when it comes to anything to do with software or forums etc, the T&C's are usually common sense, so as I don't do the kind of things that they are there to prevent I never bother reading them, I treat wherever I go with the same respect that I would expect if it were mine, simple common sense really, but when it comes down to serious issues then you certainly need to be aware of any agreement, especially with property, thats why you pay a solicitor to take care of the paper work for you as the small print can be a killer, and when you see them struggling to agree on something then what hope is there for us ordinary folk lol.

TBH when it comes to anything to do with software or forums etc, the T&C's are usually common sense, so as I don't do the kind of things that they are there to prevent I never bother reading them, I treat wherever I go with the same respect that I would expect if it were mine, simple common sense really, but when it comes down to serious issues then you certainly need to be aware of any agreement, especially with property, thats why you pay a solicitor to take care of the paper work for you as the small print can be a killer, and when you see them struggling to agree on something then what hope is there for us ordinary folk lol.

Herein lies the problem, it(common sense) is FAR more than lacking in the majority of society this day in age. Edited by Tx Redneck

Herein lies the problem, it(common sense) is FAR more than lacking in the majority of society this day in age.

Very sad, but so very true, todays parents have a lot to answer for letting they're brats run riot.