Sign in to follow this  
wdeydwondrer

february survey

i wonder why the first two questions don't have more options.

economy cuasing me to reconsider building doesn't have the option of No, i'm going ahead w/ the build,

and the antivirus question doesn't give the option of I already have free service.

i had to answer both these questions falsely

You should have gotten an email with the survey link,

if you haven't been getting the newsletter, you can sign up here: http://echo4.bluehornet.com/phase2/survey1....htm?cid=kmsedo

as far as I know, it's supposed to be sent to all forum members

btw, you need to update your techexpress link, getting a 404 :P

I don't want newsletters in my email and was upset and considered it spam when I was signed up to it without my permission. I no longer get it. ;)

So I guess I won't see the survey. :geezer:

IIRC when you first sign up you are automatically signed up for the newsletter (in the small print), surprised you never saw that Bruce lol, and you can opt out of that, you can also remove yourself from the mailing at a future date if you want too, anyway assuming the links mailed are not specific to the user mailed Here is this months survey.

I signed up in June 2000. There was no news letter, in fact there weren't even different forum sections at that time :lol:

There was a bunch of windows 3.1, win 95, 95b, 98 and 98SE users, and one nutcase constantly talking about some weird thing called RedHat :lol:

and one nutcase constantly talking about some weird thing called RedHat :lol:

that reminds me of the first time I met Bruce in person :P:mrgreen:

Posted Image

Even better was when Rob wanted me to build him a Linux computer on what was at the time incredibly small harware form factor (Today it would be considered too big for small form factor) but nothing would work right for me, even tried Debian and a few other distros on it, and I just couldn't make it go. Radio came over to have a look at it. We both kinda just scratched our heads.

But boy did we think that little thing was ohhhh so cool :P

I wish I had it back to work on, with a little more knowledge and skills I have aquired since then I know I could make it sing :banana2:

this is the first time i've received an email notice of the survey, all other times i've had to go and find the survey

but back to the topic, lol, will this survey be changed and reissued being that the options are rather sided?

I see what you are saying.

The way it is put the answer is basically the same.

I will keep my pc

I will keep my pc