Sign in to follow this  
Simon9one

Apparently, CastleCops is no More

http://www.castlecops.com/

Greetings Folks,

You have arrived at the CastleCops website, which is currently offline. It has been our pleasure to investigate online crime and volunteer with our virtual family to assist with your computer needs and make the Internet a safer place. Unfortunately, all things come to an end. Keep up the good fight folks, for the spirit of this community lies within each of us. We are empowered to improve the safety and security of the Internet in our own way. Let us feel blessed for the impact we made and the relationships created.

With respect to the server marathon, by March 17 2009 CastleCops will refund contributions made through PayPal that were specifically designated for servers. Unfortunately, server donations made via check cannot be returned because we do not have the addresses for the donating entity. Unless instructed otherwise, CastleCops will re-allocate these funds as a donation to the Internet Systems Consortium (ISC.org). This organization sponsored our hosting environment for approximately the past 2 years. Please contact us [cc at laudanski dot com] before March 17, 2009, if you would like a return of your server marathon donation. Otherwise, we would like to thank the ISC for their unfettered support.

We thank everyone in creating our unique footprint and memories in time.

Love, Best Wishes and Happy Holidays, CastleCops

PST 23 Dec 2008

A sad day for Malware Fighters everywhere...

And right when I was analyzing a HijackThis log too. Without the CastleCops databases, it's going to be a lot harder...

It is a very sad day, but it is also Christmas Eve. It is very hard to put into words what the organization did as a whole for a very long time. As a PIRT Handler, I enjoyed my volunteer work and there is no other organization that does phish take-down for the little guy. I'll have to look over all the old news articles and post them here.

Now, I have to find another outlet to try to keep the MVP award for another year.

I posted this exact topic this morning at SpywareHammer.

http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesfor...hp?topic=1425.0

Wow, and I had word from staff there that maybe it would keep afloat , that was just 3 days ago :( so sad, CastleCops was a great place, I made some good friends there. Like Juiliet said their database has been passed on an many from there have joined the new site.

A sad day..Castlecops we will miss you :( What a shame it had to come this as a few where working hard to take over the rein's of it.

Wademan

And right when I was analyzing a HijackThis log too. Without the CastleCops databases, it's going to be a lot harder...

FYI, SystemLookup is the new home for the Lists, and in fact has been for a number of months.

The site was generously made available to us by Javacool, and it contains every single entry from Castlecops.

The Lists are being updated throughout the day by an editing team currently consisting of the following members of the anti-malware community:

Marckie

Metallica

miekiemoes

nasdaq

random/random

Rorschach112

TonyKlein

Vino Rosso

Zupe

... and of course Happy Holidays and all the best for 2009 to everyone at PCPitstop :)

Posted Image

Edited by TonyKlein

FYI, SystemLookup is the new home for the Lists, and in fact has been for a number of months.

The site was generously made available to us by Javacool, and it contains every single entry from Castlecops.

The Lists are being updated throughout the day by an editing team currently consisting of the following members of the anti-malware community:

Marckie

Metallica

miekiemoes

nasdaq

random/random

Rorschach112

TonyKlein

Vino Rosso

Zupe

... and of course Happy Holidays and all the best for 2009 to everyone at PCPitstop :)

Posted Image

Thanks for the info TonyKlein, and, "Welcome to The PIT"!!

:geezer:

I am still very saddened that CC was pulled. It will be sorely missed by the security community. I have missed Robin and Paul, but it is time to move on.

I am a castlecops refugee. I was a PIRT and SIRT handler. I chose a different username here to start something new as I had realized that CC was winding down.

I am glad to read that some of the CC info was archived. I don't research malware much specifically, but learning about this sounds like good news.

I hope the SIRT / MIRT and PIRT efforts can be duplicated somehow, but that would require a lot of work from the ground up and I am not sure how feasible it would be. I would love to help whereever I can.

I do think highly of this forum already from some reading I have done and also, I see that faith is quite active and some others from CC are here as well.

Happy Holidays. I hope in time to come back and post more as time permits.

:clap:

Edited by metoo

I am still very saddened that CC was pulled. It will be sorely missed by the security community. I have missed Robin and Paul, but it is time to move on.

I am a castlecops refugee. I was a PIRT and SIRT handler. I chose a different username here to start something new as I had realized that CC was winding down.

I am glad to read that some of the CC info was archived. I don't research malware much specifically, but learning about this sounds like good news.

I hope the SIRT / MIRT and PIRT efforts can be duplicated somehow, but that would require a lot of work from the ground up and I am not sure how feasible it would be. I would love to help whereever I can.

I do think highly of this forum already from some reading I have done and also, I see that faith is quite active and some others from CC are here as well.

Happy Holidays. I hope in time to come back and post more as time permits.

:clap:

Welcome to The PIT, metoo!!

Perhaps you could get something going here on this forum.......

:geezer: