Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simon9one

Please Welcome the Next President of the United States...

No matter what your political preferences are, this is an historic night. A landslide victory for the first black president in the history of the United States.

This election has excited me like no other before, and judging by the crowds on both sides, many others have felt the same.

What do you all think about this?

Note this is not in political discussions: I didn't intend this thread to become a political debate.

FairTax 08! Smaller government 08! Oh wait, wrong politician...

I can only hope that he doesn't screw the country over any more than it already is. Of course, that's probably not going to happen, considering neither the Democratic, nor Republican parties want progress for America. (This post is an opinion, and as such, is not political in any way, shape, or form).

all of this makes me proud to be an american, i never thought it was possible in my lifetime' didn't even think my kids would see this day.

believing this was happening all started when he become democratic nominee, that is what opened possibilities for me and millions of other americans, we all knew what it meant if obama won the election, not just about the economy, we can all come together with happiness and make this country stronger than it has ever been in history, this is one of the changes i've always dreamed of, i am honored to even witness such an historical event :)

In my opinion the worst possible person got elected to be president, but I think it's great for the country that it's possible for someone other than a typical caucasion to be elected president.

Mark

This result hopefully signals an end to the swaggering, red neck policies of the past. The US can almost certainly start to hold its head high again. Common sense prevails.

It is really historic, to say the least. :)

I knew he would win before, but after standing in line with this girl for an hour that I had never met before and she was voting for the first time - she said, "It's sad about Barack's Grandmother. He will have to plan the funeral." After that there was no doubt in my mind that he would win.

I didn't mean it to be a debate but Bush is way better than Obama. My reasons are personal, not political.

Mark

Admittedly, i voted for the other guy, primarily because of things i heard spoken about certain moral issues. But regardless, I accept the new president and hope that he does well in leading our country. I see absolutely no point in getting bitter over this, because no matter who is leading our country, we have to be thankful for the fact that our own government is not killing us in the streets. We may have some goofy socio-economic issues, but if that is our worst problem as a country, i think we're in pretty good shape.

And for those who pray, no matter what your political persuasion, just pray that God will grant Obama the wisdom and guidance needed to properly run this country for the benefit of all of us, because he has quite a job on his hands. Heck, even if he screws it up, i'm sure he'll do much better than I would...

Admittedly, i voted for the other guy, primarily because of things i heard spoken about certain moral issues. But regardless, I accept the new president and hope that he does well in leading our country. I see absolutely no point in getting bitter over this, because no matter who is leading our country, we have to be thankful for the fact that our own government is not killing us in the streets. We may have some goofy socio-economic issues, but if that is our worst problem as a country, i think we're in pretty good shape.

And for those who pray, no matter what your political persuasion, just pray that God will grant Obama the wisdom and guidance needed to properly run this country for the benefit of all of us, because he has quite a job on his hands. Heck, even if he screws it up, I'm sure he'll do much better than I would...

This is basically what I wanted to say but wasn't quite sure how to. Thanks psicon.

Mark

AMERICA HAS REDEEMED ITSELF AS A COUNTRY OF ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES!

I couldn't agree more. For the first time in quite a while I can truly be proud to be an American.

To quote Mr. President Elect himself, "Yes we can!"

People all over the world are celebrating this victory, not only for racial equality, but for a more balanced and less confrontational government that the world was forced to endure under Bush.

I simply think the better man got the job... :tup: -kd5-

And for those who pray, no matter what your political persuasion, just pray that God will grant Obama the wisdom and guidance needed to properly run this country for the benefit of all of us,

Thats it in a nut shell.

Doesn't matter who was elected, who ran, what personal differences are, our country is in a mess right now and we need wisdom and guidance and give our support.

Another perspective from the Pit's favorite little black man

I think what bothers me the most is that many people are acting like we are doomed, when the man hasnt even done anything yet but receive votes.. On the flip side, I hate the fact that a lot of black people (can I say that here? I'm not offended by it) are praising him as the Messiah... Just seems that very few people are being level headed throughout all this, whether they voted for Obama or McCain...

I was listening to our local news talk radio this morning, and clowns were calling in talking about flying their flag at half mast and about how bad things are going to be... Granted I live in the south and a lot of the callers were older southern white men, and their upbringing may have a lot to do with the opinions that were stated... But I firmly believe that if they already think they're doomed, then they have already decided that they're going to be miserable sots for the next four years..

Just don't see why anyone would just decided to be :filtered: off for four years when NOTHING HAS EVEN HAPPENED YET!

give the man a chance...

God knows we've all been given a chance before...

In my life time Springfield Il had "black ony drinking fountains and black only bathrooms". To realize that a young black man announced that he would run for president from the steps of the state house in Springfield Il it was earthshaking to me. Never did I expect to see in my lifetime a black president.

Obama reminds me of JFK for those of us old enough to remember the excitment and promise of those days. To those who think the world has ended because of this election give him a chance you might be pleasantly surprised.

Another perspective from the Pit's favorite little black man

I think what bothers me the most is that many people are acting like we are doomed, when the man hasnt even done anything yet but receive votes.. On the flip side, I hate the fact that a lot of black people (can I say that here? I'm not offended by it) are praising him as the Messiah... Just seems that very few people are being level headed throughout all this, whether they voted for Obama or McCain...

I was listening to our local news talk radio this morning, and clowns were calling in talking about flying their flag at half mast and about how bad things are going to be... Granted I live in the south and a lot of the callers were older southern white men, and their upbringing may have a lot to do with the opinions that were stated... But I firmly believe that if they already think they're doomed, then they have already decided that they're going to be miserable sots for the next four years..

Just don't see why anyone would just decided to be :filtered: off for four years when NOTHING HAS EVEN HAPPENED YET!

give the man a chance...

God knows we've all been given a chance before...

In the south you can never tell, out here in California those who are "concerned" are concerned because of how far left Obama really is, combined with a democrat controlled congress. Most agree with me that the best case is a split of power between the two parties. Hopefully Obama as the foresight to push this country down the correct path, I know most are fed up with its current directions. I just hope he can pull it off because if he doesnt, this country just lost another generation of voters to a federal government who seems to have largely lost its way.

In the south you can never tell, out here in California those who are "concerned" are concerned because of how far left Obama really is, combined with a democrat controlled congress. Most agree with me that the best case is a split of power between the two parties. Hopefully Obama as the foresight to push this country down the correct path, I know most are fed up with its current directions. I just hope he can pull it off because if he doesnt, this country just lost another generation of voters to a federal government who seems to have largely lost its way.

The fun part of Election, now we've placed the bet and know who started the first kick off the line, now lets follow in the season game and see how this team do.

Obama reminds me of JFK for those of us old enough to remember the excitment and promise of those days. To those who think the world has ended because of this election give him a chance you might be pleasantly surprised.

I've seen many parallels between Obama and JFK. I only hope Obama's presidency doesn't end as Kennedy's did.

I am going to have to work on accepting the new president. I will achieve this over time. However I do feel that the democrats could have put anyone up there that could fog a mirror and he would have won. This election to me was people voting against Bush and the republicans with not really listening to the facts of their candidate. To even compare him to JFK at this point is way premature. To me Obama was champagne on the outside and very bitter beer on the inside. I just hope he proves me wrong :)