Sign in to follow this  
nancyevans

Desperately Need Help with Annoying IE Error Message

HELP! I am constantly getting the following IE pop-up error message in a Windows Internet Explorer box that is gray with a blue border on top: "We're sorry, the content you've requested is temporarily unavailable[/b]". Try again later." In fact, the content is not unavailable.

I use AOL webmail and I don't know if this is an AOL issue or an IE issue. Any thoughts or ideas to help me get rid of this annoying message? I regularly clear my cache and run anti-virus and adware scans. Many thanks in advance!!!! :pullhair:

Edited by nancyevans

OK...You may find something that will help HERE.

Regards,

Hawk :b33r:

Hawk - Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried the AOL help page but couldn't locate anything about my specific issue. Any other ideas or message forums to try? Many thanks.

It seems you are not the only one that has had this problem. Through a search I was able to find only one solution so far. Give this a try:

In IE7, go to the TOOLS section (upper right of screen), when it opens at the bottom of it, you will see INTERNET OPTIONS, click this. A screen will open with tabs at the top, the one you want is PROGRAMS tab, so click it. Now when that tab opens, at the top you see INTERNET PROGRAMS, but just beneath that you will see DEFAULT WEB BROWSER. Generally you will see Internet Explorer is the default web browser (if you don't see that and are using a different Web Browser and seeing the same error, the same change as listed next generally solves your problem as well); but undet that you will see a box that is by default, checked. It reads: Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default browser. UNCHECK THIS BOX. You will see at the bottom right of that window, that the word APPLY is now usable...click APPLY, then be sure you click OK, then close out the windows. For most computer systems, the change is immediate, some have have traps, where the change won't be made until a RESTART.

It seems you are not the only one that has had this problem. Through a search I was able to find only one solution so far. Give this a try:

In IE7, go to the TOOLS section (upper right of screen), when it opens at the bottom of it, you will see INTERNET OPTIONS, click this. A screen will open with tabs at the top, the one you want is PROGRAMS tab, so click it. Now when that tab opens, at the top you see INTERNET PROGRAMS, but just beneath that you will see DEFAULT WEB BROWSER. Generally you will see Internet Explorer is the default web browser (if you don't see that and are using a different Web Browser and seeing the same error, the same change as listed next generally solves your problem as well); but undet that you will see a box that is by default, checked. It reads: Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default browser. UNCHECK THIS BOX. You will see at the bottom right of that window, that the word APPLY is now usable...click APPLY, then be sure you click OK, then close out the windows. For most computer systems, the change is immediate, some have have traps, where the change won't be made until a RESTART.

Thanks so much for your suggestion. I, too, had done a general google search and found that proposed solution! I followed the instructions but it did not make a difference. Any other ideas or resources to recommend?

Have you tried using Firefox?

Mark

I have not...Always used IE...for some reason, I feel like this error message is somehow an AOL webmail issue...Maybe I should try Firefox if I can't get advice otherwise on how to resolve...

I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. If it works you can use Firefox until you do find a solution.

I also looked for a solution and all I found was the same one that you and bonzai found.

Mark

I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. If it works you can use Firefox until you do find a solution.

I also looked for a solution and all I found was the same one that you and bonzai found.

Mark

Thanks, Mark. I will give Firefox a try...I am surprised that I didn't get more ideas/remedies when I googled the error message...