Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hrw3go

Flat Panel Display Choice for Triple Setup

I'm building a home cockpit and am going to incorporate a three monitor display. My budget is around $200 each for the three monitors. I obviously want the best specs, brand, picture, reliability, etc. I can get for my money, but am not a real gear guy with the experience to answer my own question sufficiently.

This one is on Tiger...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=2775

Are there better choices?

Here are their current offerings...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/ca...775|&Sort=4

Thanks a bunch.

Firstly, you will want to find the fastest monitors available which should be about a 2 ms response time, then look at various brands that offer fast resp. times. Then decide whether you want 4:3 aspect or 16:9 WS. I would recommend WS, I will never buy another 4:3 monitor again for many reasons far beyond gaming apps. Then after you find the monitor that fits your specs, make sure that you buy 3 monitors that are exactly the same meaning part number. If you buy 3 monitors with exactly the same specs but by different manufacturers, they WILL NOT behave the same.

The monitor you linked has a 5 ms response time. For gaming I would search for monitors with 2 ms response times. For graphics applications this is not a s important but for gaming it is.

For more detailed info, you might want to check at Adobe or a similar web site where the highest level of people using multi monitor set ups can be found for real life advice.

Firstly, you will want to find the fastest monitors available which should be about a 2 ms response time, then look at various brands that offer fast resp. times. Then decide whether you want 4:3 aspect or 16:9 WS. I would recommend WS, I will never buy another 4:3 monitor again for many reasons far beyond gaming apps. Then after you find the monitor that fits your specs, make sure that you buy 3 monitors that are exactly the same meaning part number. If you buy 3 monitors with exactly the same specs but by different manufacturers, they WILL NOT behave the same.

The monitor you linked has a 5 ms response time. For gaming I would search for monitors with 2 ms response times. For graphics applications this is not a s important but for gaming it is.

For more detailed info, you might want to check at Adobe or a similar web site where the highest level of people using multi monitor set ups can be found for real life advice.

Great! Thanks Crasher.

Someone else here recommended this one and I think I'll buy three...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA

The only gripe I saw in the reviews about this monitor:

Cons: Aspect ratio option does not support 16:9 -> 16:10 conversion, only 4:3 -> 16:10. This is extremely irritating for most applications that would need HDMI in (ex. PlayStation 3 or any other device that normally expects a 16:9).

Hmm...