Sign in to follow this  
greasyfork13

whats the difference

in some games i notices that in the graphics area of the system requirements that it would say it reccomends lets say a geforce 3 series. well i also noticed that there are they geforce 6 through 9 series then theres something called the GTX200 series and then theres the FX series. whats the comparison between these you know like, a 3 series is the same as an fx 5300 or something. i would like to know because i was thinking about buying this graphics card and i was wondering if its junk or good. im not like a hardcore call of duty 4 gamer but i just want something good but still cheap. :cr@sh:

the graphics crad i want: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814131014

Well, the FX5500 is like 6 years old. The GTX series is Nvidias newest cards and they are FAST.

Now, whats your system specs? You listed an AGP card? Im thinking its pretty old, and as a hard core gamer, that FX5500 wont play the game nicely at all. Whats your system specs and we can help you out more.

i posted them in the other thing but i guess ill put them here too.

Manufacturer: SYX

Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 2.40GHz

Memory: 1248MB RAM

Hard Drive: 29 GB

Video Card: SiS 650/651/740/661FX/741/760 series

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Sound Card: Realtek AC97 Audio

Speakers/Headphones: ca

Keyboard: USB Root Hub

Mouse: USB Root Hub

Mouse Surface: umm plastic

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)

Motherboard: foxconn

Computer Case: sytemax

Avoid the FX series like the plague. The 9600/9700/9800 series from ATI are FAR superior. It's like comparing a Honda Civic to an Formula 1 Racer that's been modified to destroy Honda Civics.

i dont want to play that though. even though its freakin sweet(played on my friends step dads cpu). but yeah, ill look that up for you.

this is all the info on it.

Manufacturer : Foxconn

Product : 651M03

Version : SiS651/962L

Serial Number : UL6P44805121

Support MP : No

hope thats it.

all though its nice, my dad doesnt want to buy the 300w power supply. and i doubt hed want to pay $96 either. god knows i cant stand high school, parents already nagging me about bed. i need a cheap but nice one that can run off a 250w power supply.

i was looking at the graphics card and one of the reviews said that i would need a 300w power supply. since this doesnt seem to be avoidable is there any reccomendations for one of them? i was thinking maybe this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817374002 or maybe this one? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817163012 i like the price of the second one but does that mean it has a lesser quality?

and how do i know this stuff will fit? i noticed in the first ones reviews that it was too small for some peoples computers. hold up, lemme measure mine.....(about 2 minutes later) well from the back of my cpu to where it ends its about 5 1/2 inches and from one side to the other where it ends its about 6 inches. my cpu is roughlt 7 inches wide and 17 inches long. so will it fit?

Nice avatar.

You were trying to get a server PSU. What you want is something cheap and powerful. But in ATX form. LINK.

The price keeps changing. there were times where this was $30 for it before a rebate. But its a solid PSU.

Cowboy, that avatar loooks familiar. :lol: