Sign in to follow this  
greasyfork13

PLEASE HELP! my cpu wont play sound

if sound still won't work leave it for tonight and come back tomorrow. sweet dreams to you and mum :tup: .

edit:- you'll have to come back tomorrow anyway so we can look at your virus problem too. :nitey:

Edited by terry1966

give this a try

Go to "Start"-\"control Panel"-\"Administrative Tools"-\"Component Services". This will pull up a seperate window, on the left click "services (local)" from the tree. Go down to the "windows audio" service. If the service is on "disabled" or "manual"; right click and select "properties" under "startup type" change to "automatic"- click apply. click "start". Reboot!!

see if that helps

after a bit of sleep i thought it might be best to clear up your virus problem first because that might be the cause of your loss of sound(if mme's post never helped fix it) and this will have to be done sometime soon anyway.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Ant...ware_d5756.html

Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.

If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.

When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location.

(above quoted from a jacee post)

then start a new topic here :-http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showforum=9

stating you need help with win32/Themida and Copy and Paste the Malwarebytes log into your post.

you might want to post a link to this topic too just for reference.

then when your pc is clean of infections and if still no sound then we can work on it some more. ;)

ok, mme didnt really help since the thing was already set that way, but when i click update the driver it doesnt ask me to do it from the internet it ask me to do it from a file called c:\windows\temp and when i click ok it wont do anything.

its says that it cant find a file called Audio3D.dll and then prompts me with that windows/temp file and i click ok but it still wont work. note: this is while im trying to install the new driver.

yeah the malware thing says its found 3 infected objects and my mom thinks that the only way it can be fixed is by putting our cpu back to factory(she doesnt know anything about computers), and now i have to go to school and ill be home at like 4 or so on my time which is maybe 8 on yours.

:lol: of course that will work but no its not the only way, patience and knowledge(things i lack too) will get it sorted in the end especially if you have important files you want to keep. :tup:

edit:- have a good day at school and study hard. wish i had ;)

Edited by terry1966

What you have is an SDBot....in other words, your computer has been compromised.

We can get rid of the Bot, but you need to be aware that this worm is a critical information, and password stealer. You should go to a known 'clean' computer and change all your passwords (do not change them using this infected machine).

If you've used this computer to do online banking or any credit card purchases, then notify your bank and be on top of your statements!

ok, im back. my mom being the computer cavewoman she is, decided to bring the computer back up to the date that it broke because she is retararded. so now i have to start from scratch. i uninstalled the driver and now the same thing is happening. so now i need to start where we left off and i believe that was that when the prompt came up about the driver installation that it didnt prompt to use the internet but tried to find it in a file instead bbut when i click ok it doesnt work and says that it cant find whatever its looking for in that file.

lets troubleshoot shoot your drivers

start/run/ devmgmt.msc /click ok

click the + on sound video game and controllers

right click on multimedia

right click properties

on the general tab click trouble shoot

or they may be an error code there

please post the error code

Here are a couple of images of my sound driver properties

on the second image where it say This Device is working properly.

do you see that or do you see a error code

Posted Image

Posted ImageWhat is the make and model of your computer

If its an Hp computer

press Ctrl .. Alt and the letter S on your keyboard should bring up the computer model number

if not you can try Everest .....

http://filehippo.com/download_everest_home/

and post the summary here

from Everest program..after you open and run it

we find out what type of sound drivers are required for your computer

they can be search and found ..you can download then and install them

hi greasyfork13 hope you had a good day at school and no we'd never forget about you. :tup:

NOW BEFORE we fix your sound you have to take notice of what Jacee said because its very very important that we clean your pc.

we can start doing this by following this post

after a bit of sleep i thought it might be best to clear up your virus problem first because that might be the cause of your loss of sound(if mme's post never helped fix it) and this will have to be done sometime soon anyway.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Ant...ware_d5756.html

Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.

If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.

When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location.

(above quoted from a jacee post)

then start a new topic here :-http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showforum=9

stating you need help with win32/Themida and Copy and Paste the Malwarebytes log into your post.

you might want to post a link to this topic too just for reference.

then when your pc is clean of infections and if still no sound then we can work on it some more.

or if you have decided to restore it to factory condition i think Jacee would recomend you going to the hjt and posting a hjt log just to make sure it's clean.

first read this it tells you where to get the latset hjt program :- http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showtopic=36065

then post the log :- http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showforum=25

with a link to this topic. :tup:

edit:- and you shouldn't say nasty things about your mum even in jest

because she is retararded.

;):tup:

Edited by terry1966

yeah, i know but she should let me do my job as the computer technician and not try to do things she doesnt know how to do. anyhow i decided that just starting over would be best. we had alot of junk on our computer anyway that i didnt feel like manually getting rid of. the computer now plays sound once more and is running smooth. =)

There are a couple of good cleaners out there.

Steven Goulds clean up

http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?optio...9&Itemid=72

and CCleaner is another good one

but installing this one during the install

uncheck the yahoo toolbar

but these are great programs

Edited by mme

yeah, i know but she should let me do my job as the computer technician and not try to do things she doesnt know how to do. anyhow i decided that just starting over would be best. we had alot of junk on our computer anyway that i didnt feel like manually getting rid of. the computer now plays sound once more and is running smooth. =)

And what do you suppose MY job is?

So did you reformat and do a clean install?

Did you change all your passwords from a 'clean machine?.... If not, you'll get the same backdoor Trojan/SDBot who knows your computer inside and out. :snooze:

this whole thing got wiped. from end to end. your job is to help people who dont understand everything like me and thousands of others. we dont have any other cpus hooked up but my parents watch their bank account carefully. but in roughly a year or two i will get my own cpu to upgrade and work on and worry about and whatever my parents do to destroy this one wont be an issue for me anymore. :geezer:

i think greasyfork13 was talking about thier mum jacee :lol:

glad you got it sorted :tup: now make sure you have good security programs installed for virus protection and spyware protection also install a firewall program. and also create a limited account to use for when your just surfing the net and make sure you use it ;) this will stop you getting anymore infections also don't forget to scan EVERYTHING downloaded from the net BEFORE opening it or running it.

take care both you and your mum(think she's a saint :rofl2: ).

and study hard at school. :tup: