Sign in to follow this  
bathompson

3D Test

Will do as soon as time permits, I will say I have run dozens of tests on this computer during the last couple of years with no such issues, and my computer (s) are all in tiptop shape.

Get back with you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Please indicate where one might find the option to skip 3D testing. PCP Overdrive testing always fails at 3D testing and I have followed all other options mentioned in this thread.

In order to complete OverDrive, try skipping the 3D Test from the debug page to see if the test will complete: http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/Debug.asp

Test completed with no problems when I checked Skip testing 3d video.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=21063839

Thanks

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the OverDrive link.

The 32MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra display adapter has been around close to 10 years and does not support one or more of the 3D functions used in the 3D Performance test. If you want to know exactly which one(s), you can download, unzip, and install the stand alone version, start the program, then send the logfile from C:\Program Files\Scopic Software\3D Performance Test\log.txt:

GraphicsPerfTestSetupD.zip

Thanks for that feedback, the computer was purchased in 2003 and has been tested with no issues many times. I would have to assume then that the tests have been changed, the display adapter certainly has not. I'll post that information asap and if I run the tests in the future I will bypass that particular test. I am considering now if I can continue to suggest the tests to folks at other forums?

I am really interested in trying the test on my new Dell to see what happens...

Appreciate the time you took.

Phil Skelley

Yes, the test has changed as the 3D test was just recently added, after several months of development.

I would suggest saving the link to the debug page and directing any users that cannot complete the 3D test to simply skip it.

IntelGuy, I will do as you suggested and give any user who has issues with the 3D Test the link you provided. I will not bother with additional tests on this computer, this is a workhorse and sooner or later I will put it out to pasture and saddle up the new Dell setting beside it. I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your help :)

Phil

At 3D Test Windows notified me that there is a problem with PCPitstop3D.dll addon and has to close down. This happened several times till I disabled the ESET NOD32 Smart Security software I use. The result then showed I did not have an antivirus nor antispyware installed.

I tried running the full Pitstop test with each feature in NOD32 disabled seperately but with the same result at 3D test level

:wp:

Thank you for that information.

Sounds like ESET may have a feature to disable scripting.

Thank you for the information re 3D bug. I have skipped 3 D as suggested and the scan finished.I have not been able to since August.

regards

Can you skip the 3D test then post an OverDrive link so that we can take a look at the hardware?

Thanks.

Can you skip the 3D test then post an OverDrive link so that we can take a look at the hardware?

Thanks.

I'm closing this topic. If you have problems with the 3D test, feel free to open a new topic.