Sign in to follow this  
Simon9one

New Case and Cooling

I decided I needed better cooling when I realized I could fry bacon at the bottom of my case. While useful for snacks, it certainly isn't good for the hardware...

My current case is small, cramped, hot, terrible for cable management, and an overall P.I.T.A. And my water cooling came in a cheap $150 kit. So I think those are the two main things that need replacing. I've got no idea what I'm getting, which is why I came here.

For the case, I would like something opposite of what I have now. I'm looking for something:

• Big
  • Good for cable management
  • looks good (also, I want a window) :hammer: .
  • cold as ice!

I also need a new radiator, and a waterblock. My pump is still good enough, at least for now.

Thank you in advance.

Im buying a new case to. So, ill be checking this thread often. Ive been using a NZXT Nemesise Elite for 2 years now. I have replaced all the fans 3 times. And i just installed new Hiper fans on it, but, I am just tired of looking at this case lol. I want something different. I like what caintry boy suggested

I personally like the silverstone cases. I also like Antec and the CM stacker. As far as water cooling, I have built rigs with danger den components. They make quality water cooling parts.

antec nine-hundred is the best case IMO

If you have time to mod your case, sure, but not the best.. Personally speaking I don't like it.

If you have time to mod your case, sure, but not the best.. Personally speaking I don't like it.

You can do it with a 900 with little to no mods. You can get reservoirs that are as small as 1 X 120. I usually prefer at least 2 X 120. On the 900, I rearrainged some of the screws on one of the front 120 fans and was able to screw one of the fans in to the res. It was mounted vertically of course. I did the same on the rear of a CM stacker but it overhung the board too much so relocated the fans to the outside of the case.

There's so many choices, I'll have to look over reviews when I have some time. I would really rather not do too much modding, if I can help it.

And I think I'll be fine with a reservoir under 10 gallons... :rofl2:

Thanks for the help everyone! Keep the suggestions coming (if there are any left).

Best price:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=...amp;dcaid=15890 (229.99 shipped)

Big and I mean big, no moding, plenty of room for cooling. Seperate compartments for PSU, pump(s).

newegg reviews:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductRevie...N82E16811133025

I love mine:

Posted Image .... Posted Image .... Posted Image .... Posted Image

Make sure you have enough room for it!!

Best price:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=...amp;dcaid=15890 (229.99 shipped)

Big and I mean big, no moding, plenty of room for cooling. Seperate compartments for PSU, pump(s).

newegg reviews:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductRevie...N82E16811133025

I love mine:

Posted Image .... Posted Image .... Posted Image .... Posted Image

Make sure you have enough room for it!!

I have just fallen in love with this case.

That's cool, take your time. I'm still thinking about it. I hate to spend that much on a case...but at the same time, it's freakin' awesome.

If you don't find anything to pull me away from it, I'm going with the Mozart.

The mozart doesnt count as a case. :P

I like this case LINK

But to be honest, this is to much to spend on a case.

MY $120 Xclio full tower fits watercooling, dual cards, and perfect airflow.

After four and a half hours (no joke) poring over reviews, I've decided I'm getting the Tt Mozart, for quite a few reasons.

For the cooling I'm going with this bad boy for the radiator, an Apogee GT for the waterblock, and keeping my old pump and reservoir.

Thanks everyone for all the help. :) I can't wait to get this all put together, and start OCing like mad. :overclocking:

ok say the 900 sucks dude i could care less... its mostly personal preference

I didnt mean to start a flame War, let me expand. (Yes I have one :rolleyes: )

First off the 900 is a great case for gamer, excellent airflow, has all you need at a great price.

However, I'm running a big cable laden PSU which needs more space than the 900 has got.

From an O/Cer's point of view and a watercooler's point of view its not really that good.

Antec made some good and bad things when making that case. Good Airflow etc.

I'm not really a fan of a bottom mounting PSU, and such a small size to me.

I was a bit harsh saying it sucks, but that was to keep Simon away from it, not having a go at you...

I'm sure its great for you :beer: