Sign in to follow this  
Hurdy

Ever done something you've instantly regretted...

i just did today when trying to upgrade my old linux box that i cant get anyone in my family to use for interent like i wanted, but thats another story

stupid thing aggrevates me to no end, no wonder my g/f uses mine lol

they want to be administrator and have complete control and risk core components without security in mind.

they only learn when identities and cash are stolen' but even then they only use firewalls and crap anti virus software and pray that software finds every virus they download.

i use to be that way :mrgreen:

they want to be administrator and have complete control and risk core components without security in mind.

they only learn when identities and cash are stolen' but even then they only use firewalls and crap anti virus software and pray that software finds every virus they download.

i use to be that way :mrgreen:

identieis and cash information really shouldnt be on home users computers to begin with. any computer can be comprimised and physical access is always the easiest method. never know when your home will get broken into by theives.

memorizing that kind of information or storing on portable encrypted device locked away hidden is the secure way to do things, administrator on some software wont do you crap but give fals peace of mind.

i just did today when trying to upgrade my old linux box that i cant get anyone in my family to use for interent like i wanted, but thats another story

stupid thing aggrevates me to no end, no wonder my g/f uses mine lol

What aggravates you?

Don't get aggravated at the computer because of your lack of experience and or skills.

Usually it is such a lack of experience or skills that leads to aggravation.

So what exactly aggravates you? Please start a new thread and be specific about the particular problem you are having.

What aggravates you?

Don't get aggravated at the computer because of your lack of experience and or skills.

Usually it is such a lack of experience or skills that leads to aggravation.

So what exactly aggravates you? Please start a new thread and be specific about the particular problem you are having.

well this pic was the first start, 3 mthods and none work...there are about 10 or so other problems that i already took up on linux forums and no response worked on any yet, i'm not bothering with it now

i'm considering getting rid of both that and my old imac and upgrading to a new apple laptop just for the family to use for their stuff so i can have my gaming rig all to myself.

Posted Image

Envy?If you want to install a driver, get the driver and install it.Apps such as envy regardless of the operating system are notoriously buggy.Why not just get the driver from nvidias site and install it?Of course if you started a new thread detailing what the problem is like I asked you to do you might get some assistance.Screen shots with 1/4 of the text cut off, doesn't do much more then, welll leave people guessing.

Envy?

If you want to install a driver, get the driver and install it.

Apps such as envy regardless of the operating system are notoriously buggy.

Why not just get the driver from nvidias site and install it?

Of course if you started a new thread detailing what the problem is like I asked you to do you might get some assistance.

Screen shots with 1/4 of the text cut off, doesn't do much more then, welll leave people guessing.

like i said...i tried 3 other methods ...of course i downloaded from nvidias site...dont you see its file sitting on the desktop in the pic background..part of it anyway? none work, they wont install or it crash the computer depending on which driver and method i do.

also, no text was cut from the pic...the important section was highlighted since showing the whole thing would take 3 pics or whatever, it was one error pic out of 10 different ones i posted on a linux forum...anyway, i think a laptop of some sort would fit the need nicely and use less energy and space anyhow, but thanks for the concern

I know you think that was the important part of the error, but it wasn't.

Anyway, I don't really see what your purpose of posting here was, as you aren't asking anything.

Perhaps when you get more computer experience you can try again someday ;)

Anyway, I don't really see what your purpose of posting here was, as you aren't asking anything.

my first post was the purpose, my instant regret trying a new version distro with hopes family would find it more useable for web media purposes.

after that, you inquired, so i rambled on.

but i did have another instant regret...purchasing and activating a new dish settop box only to immediatly remember why my previous one didnt work...i unplugged av cables from it the day previously for my game console