Sign in to follow this  
badbob

sproutbuilder

I'm using vista 64, fire fox 3 newest flash player.On the pitstop site I see proxy sproutbuilder.com transferring data then fire fox stops working.I used adblock plus to block every thing from sproutbuilder so now I can use the site.

When I went to their site to see what this sprout thing was fire fox froze up.IE and fire fox 2.2 work fine.

I've also had difficulty browsing the Blogs, using both FF 3.0 and IE 7.0

Blog opens and displays maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of the blog, but will not scroll below that point.

Then the browser (either/both FF and IE) freezes and refuses to close, refresh, navigate.... at all.

Attempts to CLOSE browser fail, and eventually the nag-screen of "This application is not responding" appears.

Browsing with all other open instances of FF/IE are affected, even if not browsing PCPitstop.

Remedy (as previously proposed by badbob, above) is to install Adblock Plus, and specifically list sproutbuilder.com in the filter list.

After doing so, all browsing with FF/IE proceeds without problem.

Seems like the Pit may have a cost/benefit decision to make with regard to subscription to sproutbuilder.

* It may generate some revenue?

* It may prohibit the very people the Pit would like to reach out to?

I'd sure suggest to dump it, at least for now.

Doug

I have FF 2.0.0.16 and tried to view the newsletter today. Sprout Builder locked up the web page and the only thing I could do was to close FF thru the task manager. I shut off add block and it didn't lock up the web page. Add Block does not like Sprout Builder

Can or will the powers that be here at pc pitstop contact sprout builder to see about a fix?

Edited by Joe C

Thanks for looking into this issue

I'm sure there's a lot of others out there the have this problem and they don't post on the forum

After I log on the web page, it takes about a minute or two and it locks up solid, Still have to alt/ctrl/del to close FF

Does anybody at PC Pitstop LLC. have FF ??????

are they running into this issue????

Edited by Joe C

Does anybody at PC Pitstop LLC. have FF ??????

are they running into this issue????

Yes and no.

Remedy (as previously proposed by badbob, above) is to install Adblock Plus, and specifically list sproutbuilder.com in the filter list.

After doing so, all browsing with FF/IE proceeds without problem.

This worked for me with FF3 but not IE7, but then again how could it? Adblock Plus is only for FF.

Mark

I installed IE7Pro and added *sproutbuilder* to the ad blocking component of IE7Pro and that did the trick for IE7.

You guys should dump Sproutbuilder fast.

Mark

Hi All,

Steve from Sprout here.

We are trying to determine what the common thread among your problems is. We have done extensive testing on nearly all browsers and systems. That said, sometimes things slip through the cracks. There are a few issues we think may be at play here.

Among those having problems, who is using Vista in 64-bit mode?

Do you have hacks in place to use 32-bit flash through a 64-bit browser? (If you don't know, then you aren't.)

Are you using Adblock? Are you using EasyList?

We are thinking that the separating issue is 64-bit as we have tested Firefox 3, IE7 and Vista thoroughly.

Any information you can provide will assist us in fixing this problem as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Steve, Intern at Sprout

EDIT

Do you know if there was a specific sprout that was crashing your browsers? Perhaps one with an RSS feed in it?

The only Sprout we could find on PCPitStop.com is: http://seed.sproutbuilder.com/XgCBkymFB85z0dTm

Edited by SteveSprout

My several machines are either XP Pro or Home with SP2 and updated MS patches (no SP3 as yet)

I run one W2k machine.

My machines are all 32-bit

Nothing fancy at all.

:)

My setup is below in my sig, 32 bit. I use FF 3 and IE7 on all setups.

Start with post #9 in this thread and read it to the end. Just read the posts that I posted.

The details are in that thread.

I have no idea what Sprout was causing the problem but like I said, adding *sproutbuilder* to Adblock Plus in FF3, and to IE7 PRO's ad blocking component fixed it for me.

The only clue I may have is in post #9 in the thread I referred you to (Flash).

Mark

Thanks for all the input and assistance guys.

The problem has been replicated and a fix is underway.

I don't know if this matters, but today I had to shutdown ZoneAlarm Forcefield to view the latest newsletter in both IE7 and FF3.

Both IE7 and FF3 stopped responding. As soon as I shutdown Forcefield I could view the letter in both browsers no problem.

Hope this helps.

Mark