Sign in to follow this  
TorreyIsLDS

Suspicious "MSN Connector" window popping up intermittently

Hey guys and girls,

I recently downloaded Firefox 3 for my Windows XP x64 Pro computer. I find that often when I am on the internet a pop-up of indeterminate origin will appear. Would any of you happen to have seen such a pop-up? I have included a screenshot here for you to look at.

It would probably be helpful also to add that if I do not close out the pop-up, Firefox refuses to access any website that I wish to visit; i.e., it will forever stay at "loading _website name_," as reflected by the status bar at the bottom of the Firefox browser. Once I close it, however, the website quickly loads.

Thanks!

T

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Torr...snconnector.jpg

Edited by TorreyIsLDS

Thanks Jacee, I wasn't aware of that.

I have uninstalled MSN Explorer from Add/Remove Programs, Brandon, but the popup still comes up. I can't find anything about it on the web either. I have, however, in the meantime downloaded that extension you mentioned. You can never be too safe.

Thanks for the help.

Torrey

Try this:

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum...7&forumId=1

basically he says this:

Under "Network connections" there is an "MSN" connection, with me it said it doesn't work because the "hardware is not installed". Delete it and the pop-up won't come again.

I also had this and do not remember where it came from or how it installed itself, but the problem indeed occurred after installing FF 3.

Edited by PatrickC