Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simon9one

I'm Still Alive

Sorry everyone for the long, unexplained absence. Life has been kind of hectic lately, and I haven't been able to log on.

I had Internet troubles (:filtered: AT&T), and was offline for a while. And after I finally got that sorted out, a combination of school, work, and other crap (which I would rather not go into details about) has kept me very busy.

But everything is good now...life is calming down, it's summer, I've got a 10 Mb/s cable Internet connection, and I'm ready to get back into things.

So...what have I missed? :mrgreen:

Nothing.

:mrgreen: Welcome back!! :b33r:

Sorry everyone for the long, unexplained absence. Life has been kind of hectic lately, and I haven't been able to log on.

I had Internet troubles (:filtered: AT&T), and was offline for a while. And after I finally got that sorted out, a combination of school, work, and other crap (which I would rather not go into details about) has kept me very busy.

But everything is good now...life is calming down, it's summer, I've got a 10 Mb/s cable Internet connection, and I'm ready to get back into things.

So...what have I missed? :mrgreen:

first KRAM comes back, then you! :surrender:

its like a miracle!! :lol:

You missed alot. Im hittin world record OC with this Q6600, Brandon still an AMD fanboy but starting to open up to Nvidia, sorta, We had the Forum Wars and lost due to technical difficulties, CB went on vacation, Lou been a little MIA, had some older members come back, COD4 been fun, Brown hornet got his WC setup, The AV brigade has been hard at work, IG has been a monster overclocker and having some video card fun, Flew has shown some impressive PI scores, and a whole bunch of other stuff!!!

Welcome back! and dont forget to sign up for the FW thats starting in september.

oh, btw, grades never stopped me from logging on, go check out my thread. :surrender:

A miracle....or a sign of the coming apocalypse! (now where's a demonic smiley when you need one).

You hitting world record OC? Brandon opening up to Nvidia? I must have mist a *whole lot* more than I thought. :mrgreen:

But seriously, I'm really looking forward to the next war...It's almost upgrade time for me again (my birthday), and I'm thinking big....

A miracle....or a sign of the coming apocalypse! (now where's a demonic smiley when you need one).

You hitting world record OC? Brandon opening up to Nvidia? I must have mist a *whole lot* more than I thought. :mrgreen:

But seriously, I'm really looking forward to the next war...It's almost upgrade time for me again (my birthday), and I'm thinking big....

Get a Nice P45 board, an Ati 4870, some REAL ram, and a new case and new cooling and a better PSU, then, you will be ready for war.

This ones gonna be tough. These new video cards and all the QX9650 users are gonna make us feel bad. Thats why I decided to invest in dry ice and OC the $#% out of this chip. :cr@sh:

oh, btw, grades never stopped me from logging on, go check out my thread. :surrender:

Wow, your situation looks a whole lot like mine. Even down to the classes and grades.

I figure I have to grit my teeth and get straight A's for the next two years if I want a chance at a decent college.

Get a Nice P45 board, an Ati 4870, some REAL ram, and a new case and new cooling and a better PSU, then, you will be ready for war.

This ones gonna be tough. These new video cards and all the QX9650 users are gonna make us feel bad. Thats why I decided to invest in dry ice and OC the $#% out of this chip. :cr@sh:

I'm not thinking that big. :surrender:

Maybe another 3870 for crossfire, and a new motherboard. Some DDR2 1066 might be a possibility as well, but I don't know. I'll always have a mediocre rig at best.

I'm not thinking that big. :surrender:

Maybe another 3870 for crossfire, and a new motherboard. Some DDR2 1066 might be a possibility as well, but I don't know. I'll always have a mediocre rig at best.

forget the 3870, sell yours and get a 4870, or even a 4850 will kill the CF.

RAM is cheap now.

But seriously, dont mess up with grades and classes next year, I been basically re-taking the same classes 3 years in a row now. :unsure:

forget the 3870, sell yours and get a 4870, or even a 4850 will kill the CF.

RAM is cheap now.

But seriously, dont mess up with grades and classes next year, I been basically re-taking the same classes 3 years in a row now. :unsure:

I'm a little behind on the technology. But I doubt I can afford a brand new graphics card.

Maybe I'll forget the graphics, and get a new water cooling system instead.

I'm a little behind on the technology. But I doubt I can afford a brand new graphics card.

Maybe I'll forget the graphics, and get a new water cooling system instead.

if anything you need a new board first.

and the prices for the new video cards (AMD) are cheap. same as if you want the 3870

if anything you need a new board first.

and the prices for the new video cards (AMD) are cheap. same as if you want the 3870

A new board is my first priority. Whatever else I get depends on how much a good one will cost.

I love the AW9D-Max, but it hates my quad, so it must go.