Sign in to follow this  
IainMorton

MSN Explorer Help

OK I need help. This afternoon install the latest version of Windows Live Messenger, and everything was running fine until I tried to log on to my MSN account using MSN Explorer which I regularly do. But I couldn't get logged on as it says to run MSN Explorer, I need to install something called MSN Messenger Service which is a critical part of MSN Explorer and the Explorer won't run without it. I have tried to install the Messenger Service but every time I try to go through the MSN website to install messenger, I keep getting re-directed to the Windows Live website which I don't need as I already have it installed.

I get the following message -

MSN Messenger Service is not installed on this machine. It is a critical part of MSN Explorer and must be repaired before using MSN Explorer again. We'd like to repair it now.

I have tried everything including un-installing Windows Live and MSN Explorer and installing them again, but nothing happens.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

:surrender:

WIndows Live Messenger update apparently caused the problem....seems like you're not alone.

READ

Thanks. Sorry never seen that thread. So there is nothing much I can do? I was thinking of going back to the previous version of Windows Live, but I'm not sure if that would work. I hate using Firefox!

OK I uninstalled the Windows Live Messenger and managed to get MSN Explorer working again. Thing is now, I can't seem to get MSN Messenger working and I don't think I wanna install any previous versions on Windows Live in case it messes up the Explorer again. Any ideas?