Sign in to follow this  
skylinerlab

2.0 Optimize

I am new to the forum. This is my first post. I really enjoy the free test PC-Pitstop offers.

I just bought an HP, dv6505 Laptop and would like to keep it running good and keep all the gremlins out of it.

I am considering purchasing the 2.0 Optimize. Have have some questions before I purchase.

Does it tell me which Drivers need updating like the Pitstop does or will I need to return to the pitstop? Does it give the user the decision on weather to remove certain items? Or does it automatically remove something without asking?

What all does it do?

I also have a Dell demision 2400 Desktop, can I install 2.0 Optimize on the Dell also but only pay one time or would I have to pay for each computer.

Also my laptop has Vista SP-1,,,and my Dell has XP-SP-3. Will this be a problem? They both are connected by a Linsys wireless router. The Laptop is wireless. Will 2.0 Optimize be of use to my wireless network?

I know I've asked a lot of questions. I hope someone can answer a few of them. I do want to make this purchase. I have been using PC-Pistop for several years and have grown to trust them. Thanks for your help.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ken

:wp:

Optimize does not report or provide drivers at all. The specific results of the driver scan are available in OverDrive, and our paid product Driver Alert will provide live download links and links to the manufacturer's downloads, as well as monthly notifications for the driver status of the licensed computers.

Both Optimize 2.0 and Driver Alert are good for five computers.

There is more detail about what Optimize 2.0 does exactly here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/faq/optimize.asp

There is an option to exclude any and every change or removal that Optimize suggests. No problem with either of the latest Service Packs.

Optimize bumped the speed of my wireless connection on my laptop from 12,300 to 15,500 (what I am paying for and advertised to be getting). Your mileage may vary.

Our software includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.

RE:

"Optimize bumped the speed of my wireless connection on my laptop from 12,300 to 15,500 (what I am paying for and advertised to be getting)."

If I run the bandwidth and ping speed tests, then purchase Optimize and follow its instructions, should I expect to see my bandwidth and ping speed results improve? (Is that what was being reported above?)

:wp:

Your mileage may vary.

I knew my connection was under-performing, according to the speeds I was paying for, so there was room for improvement and Optimize found it.

If you are connected, for example, to a 3,000kbps DSL line and you are already getting 2950, you may not see any improvement in download speeds at all.

The typical Windows XP installation is still using the default Internet settings, which are not optimal with current broadband connections. If the settings have already been tweaked, that could impact any improvement from using Optimize 2.0.

The Optimize software comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Try it out and if you do not see and feel any improvement, let us know and your order will be refunded.