Sign in to follow this  
LuisP24

GTA San Andreas

I'm pretty sure my system meets at least the minimum requirements for this game. Yet it is so slow while playing. Graphics seem to "skip" along (if that makes sense) but only with weather changes (ie when it rains).

Is this a problem with my graphics card? I have the highest compatible driver installed, which is also the best as far as I can see as it gives me the best performance. Pit test shows well over 200, which is at least double compared to other drivers I've used before.

Also when getting into a car everything will slow down seemingly due to the radio stations turning on. Everything just stops moving for a few seconds or so while radio station is turning on or loading. Not sure what is wrong but I can hear the static when changing the stations but the actual programs never play. I just use user tracks now (mp3 files) but would be nice to hear the radio stations too. Not sure if I still have the game disc, but probably wouldn't do any good anyway. My dvd-rom drive is in-operable (may need to be replaced) and cd-rw drive is way too slow to keep up with the rest of the system during game play. Isn't it possible to have it all read directly from HDD? This would be much quicker and resourceful in my situation.

As well, the audio for when characters are speaking seems to have a problem. I can't hear the characters speaking which makes it hard to complete some missions since I have no idea what was said to do. Should I try to overwrite the original files with new copies from the disc?

His specs are in his profile.

Luis- your system is on the border as far as meeting requirements- your graphics card is very underpowered for san andreas. Try turning down the resolution/details and see if it helps.

Also, as far as the audio, I gotta ask- is this a legitimately store-purchased copy of the game?

Luis- your system is on the border as far as meeting requirements- your graphics card is very underpowered for san andreas. Try turning down the resolution/details and see if it helps.

Also, as far as the audio, I gotta ask- is this a legitimately store-purchased copy of the game?

Sorry it took a while for me to reply, been really busy.

I did turn down the resolution/details and it did actually help quite a bit.

Now as far as the game being legitimately purchased, I'm not exactly sure. A friend installed the game for me in the first place. I assume he has the disc, though for all I know it could be a burned copy that he downloaded/pirated. I do know that he has it installed on his laptop and it works/plays just fine, including the audio. As well, I always run virus scans and the like. There doesn't appear to be anything viruses or other baddies hidden or lurking in the game.

Of course I do understand the whole point of whether it's pirated software or not. I really don't condone anyone partaking in such activities. I'll find out where my friend obtained the game from next time I talk to him. And no matter the circumstance, I can always remove it from my system all together.

Finally got my friend to admit where he got the game from, he downloaded it a while back.

AVG finally caught up with it on my system today. The result was a trojan horse that was tied into the sa.exe file.

So obviously I removed all of it from my system.

As for my friend..

His computer just died last night from having tons of that stuff! I'm guessing he learned his lesson on that one especially since he didn't have any virus protection either.

Oh and I'm definitely never going to let a friend touch my computer again!!