Sign in to follow this  
chengrob

Google earth violates privacy

the sign did not say

Posted Image

any other sign is completely stupid to use if your intentions are to keep people off your land, its as simple as that, say what you mean and mean what you say otherwise we are idiots :lol:

these days and land development is at its highest, we must be specific !

what they should have done was contact google and have the images removed and replace that ridiculous sign, but noooo" they want the whole world to see there house now, yeah hun lets advertise , lets make the papers and get 25k :woot:

lawsuits cannot be filed in secret.

google should be punished for trespassing so that they may be more careful next time.

land development? you do understand that one cannot develop land they do not own, right? i have absolutely no idea how you bring that into the equation.

Edited by badbinary

i have absolutely no idea how you bring that into the equation.

development mingles with privacy, look at where i live, the next house is thirty feet away, now compare that to a log cabin in the mountains when the next house is a mile away, how would you sort that out if someone walked on your property, in the mountains its an obvious invasion, i mean what the heck are you doing there !

if you say its a private road anyone with a purpose to be there can enter :P

in the mountains no one can be there with a purpose, so where they live has a lot to do with the specifics in privacy.

if you say private property no one can enter, not even the meter reader guy :lol:

in my mind you have no right to access private anything without permission. i guess we'll have to see how the court determines it.

Edited by badbinary

Because Google and google maps are technology companies :P

Agreed, but I would have thought it was more an issue for GD.

I guess the real issue I have is why so many forums?

This lawsuit is so dumb I am in shock. If they were really worried about privacy, would they really want a lawsuit plastered all over the internet. Perhaps, just writing a letter to Google asking to take another photo?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...081google1.html

My question would be did google take the picture or did someone else and then send them the picture.

I do know that at one point google was paying people to take picturers and then send them in to google for maping purposes. So who send in the picture did that person have rights to go on the property was it a friend of the family or was it a kin person. Or was the picture obtained by other means.

Was the picture older then when they bought the house. To my understanding the picture was optained by other means then going onto private property and taking the picture.

I would also have a problem with someone coming onto my property and taking a picture. Matter of fact I had someone come on to my property to take a picture of my neighbors yard for insurance purposes and I questioned them before I allowed them to do so. I then informed my neighbor who said that it was ok, which I figured was after questioning them and me knowing my neighbor some what.

But is google at fault did they take the picture from the air of the house my house is also on the map along with millions and millions of other houses. Or is this an acutral picture of the house.

Now as far as me having a problem with a picture of my house being on google map no I don't it doesn't really give much information about my house just a basic rooftop house picture along with millions and millions of other people's house pictures.

Edited by Starlady01

This lawsuit is so dumb I am in shock. If they were really worried about privacy, would they really want a lawsuit plastered all over the internet. Perhaps, just writing a letter to Google asking to take another photo?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...081google1.html

One last thing I'm unsure if google was paying people to take pictures or was just asking people to take pictures.

I think it was of buinesses more so then houses persay. I didn't go out and take picture and submit them myself so I'm unsure. I do beleave it was of buinesses tho.

It was someone hired by Google to drive around with a 360 degree camera mounted on the roof of their car. They had to go on the property to take those pictures. The pictures are within the last 2 years.

Mark