Sign in to follow this  
markcynt

Task Manager

I remember having the option to shutdown my computer through Task Manager but I just noticed those options are no longer available. They probably never were with this computer. It's been quite a long time since I needed to use that option but I would like it back if possible. This is in Vista Ultimate and XP Pro. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

There is no option to shut down the PC via task manager on my PC either. However, when I do the three finger salute, I get such an option.

There is no option to shut down the PC via task manager on my PC either. However, when I do the three finger salute, I get such an option.

Yeah, me too. I would like to have the option though, from within Task Manager.

Thanks

Mark

You might have clicked on the Task Manager boarder, changing it to "Tiny footprint mode"

Click the boarder again, to restore your Command Bar and Options

Here's a source that describes the situation:

http://www.pchell.com/support/taskmanager.shtml

Best Regards

No, I tried that already but thanks.

Mark

No, I tried that already but thanks.

Mark

I already found out the option has been removed in Vista. Still trying to find an answer for XP.

Thanks

Mark

The answer is to activate the "Welcome Screen" in user accounts. If you don't use the welcome screen, that option is removed from the task manager.

The answer is to activate the "Welcome Screen" in user accounts. If you don't use the welcome screen, that option is removed from the task manager.

Thanks Signman, you are exactly right. I activated the Welcome Screen and those options were immediately available. Don't quite understand the logic behind it though.

Mark