Sign in to follow this  
bacterozoid

Outlook On The Desktop

Here's a nifty application that will allow you to place your Outlook calendar right onto your Windows desktop:

http://www.outlookonthedesktop.com/

This application supports:

• Transparency
  • Multiple Instances
  • Custom sizes and locations
  • And more!
The program basically uses the Outlook View Control to pull the calendar from Outlook and place it on the desktop.

I do not use Outlook as my Email client, but it has the best calendar I have found. I keep track of my dozens of homework assignments and meetings like this and have it all on my Windows Desktop instead of having to navigate through Outlook or another application to find my calendar.

Edit: Aww, only one star? :P

Edited by bacterozoid

:wp: rwurtele

Sorry you had problems with it. To customize the program, right click on the calendar icon in your system tray. You can exit it the same way.

To uninstall it, simply exit the program, navigate to your control panel, select add/remove programs, then choose Outlook on the Desktop and Remove. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Hi, I like it, but how can I move it to a different place on the desktop, where it landed upon download, it's covering a couple of folder icons, which can't be clicked on unless I hide outlook on the desktop. Click and drag doesn't work.

Thanks

D.

Hi, I like it, but how can I move it to a different place on the desktop, where it landed upon download, it's covering a couple of folder icons, which can't be clicked on unless I hide outlook on the desktop. Click and drag doesn't work.

Thanks

D.

Go to tool bar on lower left screen and right click on the calendar and click on properties, this will let you move the calendar around your desktop.

Go to tool bar on lower left screen and right click on the calendar and click on properties, this will let you move the calendar around your desktop.

Sorry, I should have said lower right, not LEFT.

R Wurtele

:wp: rwurtele

Sorry you had problems with it. To customize the program, right click on the calendar icon in your system tray. You can exit it the same way.

To uninstall it, simply exit the program, navigate to your control panel, select add/remove programs, then choose Outlook on the Desktop and Remove. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Thanks for reply. I decided I like it and will keep it on desktop. Just wish I could set it to month, it defaults to daily everytime I turn computer on. I figured out how to change to month, so it is not that bad.

Yeah, it's a little tricky. To set it to month by default, close the program, then open your outlook calendar. Set the Outlook calendar how you want it and then close outlook. Run Outlook on The Desktop and it should show you the month view.

The only drawback is that it defaults to the current month .. you can't set it to display any range of 4 weeks.