Sign in to follow this  
nigsy

Help with .pub file extension

Hi all,

I have been sent 3 files created in MS Publisher, and they have been saved as .pub files.

Is there any way to open a .pub file without having publisher installed, or do I have to download the trial version from the MS website and do a save as??

I have office 2007 student version if that helps?

My advice, take it or leave it :lol:

Tell the person who sent you the proprietary and very expensive file format that they should pay for and give you a free copy of the proprietary and expensive software they use to create these unreadable files.

Or you can do what I would do. Tell them they have to use something other than an application that creates files that can not be read by common tools and freely available software.

In the mean time you can use this website to view publisher files. It converts them into PDF files which have the website address on the sides -- nothing unbearable really.

http://www.k2pdf.com/convert.html

Publisher files can't be opened without Microsoft Publisher...that is I don't know of anything that will open them. You can download a trial version of Publisher and maybe save the file to a different format.....or there are online file converters that you send the file to that converts it to a different format for you...just give them your e-mail address and a link will be e-mailed to you to get the converted file. Another option would be to ask the sender to send it to you in a different format.....perhaps PDF. Good luck.

Bruce....you beat me!

Edited by Signman

Thanks for your replies.

I thought this would be the case, but I have resolved the problem.

After swearing around the house and generally slagging of MS, my wife pipes up with "I've got publisher on my laptop, is that what you need?", god bless her. So all converted to Word and now I'm happy.

By the way I am going to check this out though:

Open Office

Just in case I get sent a strange file format again. :tup: