Sign in to follow this  
goel

Internet Explorer starts itself, opens random sites (Win XP Pro)

goel   

Hello

I use Win XP Pro on my new IBM Thinkpad T61p.

Tehexpress test results are here: http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=00QNSWA10BGSD8KG

I always use Firefox, but almost every few minutes, Internet Explorer opens up itself and tries to access some random site. Mostly the site is pcsecurityshield.com - but there are other advertisement sites also.

Have tried anti virus and anti spyware (Eset, Spybot, Adaware, Spysweeper, and Spyware Blaster) but nothing indicated any wrong.

The problem started after I loaded software to the new laptop.

Please help.

Thanks

Sandy

Edited by goel

markcynt   

Hello

I use Win XP Pro on my new IBM Thinkpad T61p.

Tehexpress test results are here: http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=00QNSWA10BGSD8KG

I always use Firefox, but almost every few minutes, Internet Explorer opens up itself and tries to access some random site. Mostly the site is pcsecurityshield.com - but there are other advertisement sites also.

Have tried anti virus and anti spyware (Eset, Spybot, Adaware, Spysweeper, and Spyware Blaster) but nothing indicated any wrong.

The problem started after I loaded software to the new laptop.

Please help.

Thanks

Sandy

Sounds like you have some kind of adware running. You probably have Internet Explorer as your default browser so the adware opens that up. This is pretty much a guess on my part. You might want to try posting this in virus/spyware forum.