Sign in to follow this  
cyberchick

document viewer msi

I have windows xp (xp was loaded in shop so no disk) with it I use a HP all in one printer. I had a problem with the printer which is now sorted (the usb lead had been pulled out while I had been trying to print) but I keep getting the error message

"The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-Rom or other removeable disk that is not available. Insert the "document viewer "disk and click ok"

I dont understand which disk I need to put in, I click ok and read

"The path "1" cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the insatllation package. Document viewer.msi in a folder from which you can install the product document viewer"

Do I need to go on-line or have I got this file some where on the pc. Any help would be appreciated.

The document viewer should be on the setup disk for your printer. Probably in the setup folder on the cd. You can reinstall the printer software to corrrect the problem or you can download the Microsoft Installer Cleanup utility here and run it to correct the problem.

The document viewer should be on the setup disk for your printer. Probably in the setup folder on the cd. You can reinstall the printer software to corrrect the problem or you can download the Microsoft Installer Cleanup utility here and run it to correct the problem.

Glad it worked for you. :)

I have the same problem. If you run the MS cleanup tool, does it also uninstall the program(s) selected, or just fix the "Document Viewer" issue? Thanks.