Sign in to follow this  
psicon

Internet Explorer - increase toolbar text size

Hey-

A friend just called me asking how to increase the text size in Internet Explorer 6. I told him how to do this, which increases the text size on the page he's viewing.

How does he increase the text size of the toolbar?

I am on Linux and dont have a Windows computer to check to see ho this is done.

Thanks,

-myk

In windows the only option to change font size is to change the dpi of the system. Not a very elegant solution.

Not sure if this is what you mean but..................you can open internet explorer and then click "view" then click "text size" ........Default is 'medium', so you could click on 'larger' or 'largest'

Not sure if this is what you mean but..................you can open internet explorer and then click "view" then click "text size" ........Default is 'medium', so you could click on 'larger' or 'largest'

That only changes the size of the text on the webpage. He ended up just reducing the resolution of the whole desktop, worked for him.

Thanks,

-myk

I guess this is a little late but the font size can be changed.....but it also affects all Windows ....not just Internet Explorer.

Right click desktop, properties, advanced button, click on the word "normal" just under the word "active". At the very bottom of the box you will see the font used and the default size 8. Change the 8 to a larger number...the larger the number..the larger the text size. Ok and apply. You now have larger text. You can also change the color and the text style too....Have fun!