Sign in to follow this  
cmunson

PC Pitstop Processor Survey Results

i have no doubt that the results of the survey are accurate, it's just not even close to a true representation of the marketplace.

I think it is, because when you go into the places where many, many people buy their computers there are often a large number of budget brand computers and they almost invariably have AMD CPU's in them.

The days of people buying their computers based on the Intel Inside logo are long gone.

it might help pc pitstops survey's if they ask what kind of folks are taking the test, nothing personal, but maybe get an idea of the type of test taker, is it off the shelf? do they just surf and e-mail, is it a home built system....level of expertise of those taking the test for more accurate survey results?

Yes, it is a cross section of the people that come here but I'm not so sure that it isn't a good representation of US stats. though. I think JoeC has a good idea about asking if the computer is Home, Home Office, or Office use. The survey seems to be more about "brand: than "use" but still would be an interesting finding.