Sign in to follow this  
brianj

microsoft works 7.0 unable to open word processing

I HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM AT THE MOMENT, CAN ANYONE HELP.

I AM UNABLE TO GET ALL OF MICROSOFT WORKD 7.0 TO OPEN.I CAN OPEN THE SPREEDSHEET AND CALENDER FUNCTIONS BUT MY DELL 5150 FREEZES UP WHEN I TRY TO OPEN THE WORD PROCESSING ELLEMENT.WHEN I CONT,ALT DELETE OUT OF THE PROGRAMM THE MESSAGE I GET IS NOT RESPONDING.

I HAVE RUN AN ERROR REPORT AND IT CONFIRMS I HAVE A HANGING APPLICATION. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TRY NEXT, LET ME TELL YOU WHAT I HAVE TRIED SO FAR.

A. I HAVE TRIED TAKING THE PROGRAMM OFF AND RE LOADING, STILL THE SAME.

B. I HAVE TRIED TO LOAD MICROSOFT WORKS 8, UNABLE TO OPEN ANY PART ON THIS PROGRAMM.REMOVED AND RE LOADED 7.0.

C I HAVE TRIED SAFE MODE (F8) AND CAN GET IT ALL TO WORK BUT WHEN I TURN OFF AND RELOAD TO NORMAL STILL SAME PROBLEM.

D I HAVE TRIED TO TURN COMPUTER BACK BUT STII NO JOY.

I KNOW THE PROGAMME IS IETHER MISSING S LINK/PATH OR SOMETHING IS BLOCKING IT.

E I HAVE TRIED TO TURN OFF ALL MY SECURITY FEATURES, STII NO JOY.

I AM CONSTANTLT CHECKING FOR UPDATES AND TO DATE I AM MISSING NO UPDATES 9I MAY HAVE DOWNLOADED AN UPDATE WHICH COULD BE BLOCKING, I JUST DONT KNOW.

HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM AND CAN HELP ME PLEASE.

MANY THANKS

BRIANJ

There's always www.openoffice.org

I'd give MSConfig a look-see. Safe mode's very nature is to load as little as possible drivers/software to ensure bare minimum functionality, which makes it somewhat ideal for troubleshooting. I'd run MSConfig, and disable anything running that ya don't need.

Do you have Microsoft Word already on your system? If you do..MS Works don't play well with Word...especially Word 2002. I think there is a patch available from Microsoft for the Works/Word problem. I'll see if I can find it.

Found it. linky

This may not be your problem...but I do know Word and Works don't play well together...at least not on 2 of my systems.

Edited by Signman

:wp:

Moving this to user to user help.

Do you have a CD or other option to do a reinstall of MS Works?

thanks for the reply sorry for delay been away recently.I

do have the cd for works 7.0 and works 8.0.

I have tried uninstalling and reloading without solving the problem, even when I have tried loading works 8.0

I cand open any of the system.

thanks brian