Sign in to follow this  
cmunson

PC Pitstop Full Tests Shift into OverDrive

this is a new problem, only started today for me

I can only run it anonymously. If I log in, I get the loop.

Also, suddenly with both the old version and the beta, it locks up on the internet ping test. It works fine if I run it in debug mode without the upload or DL tests.

i got the loop, but i didn't have a problem with the internet test

edit>> i am kinda curious though as to why Driver Alert lists both the driver for my 8400m gs and intel4965 agn as being the most recent while both manufacturers and MS update lists more current ones?

Edited by wdeydwondrer

The problem with the loop has been fixed. Sorry about that!

Wdey,

Their is a problem with your driver analysis. For some reason, we are not accurately collecting your driver info, so there the analysis is wrong. I would not recommend updating any driver until I get to the bottom of this.

Thanks,

Rob

http://pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=19691594

there's a test with the latest dell recomended drivers installed. anything newer and the test doesn't seem to like it.....

also, i JUST ran disk defragmentor last night after your test said 12% fragmentation (vista reported that i did not need to run defrag) and now i have 13% fragmentation.... is this a vista can't defrag worth **** issue, or test issue?

I want to do this so bad.........but.........I'm still trying to talk myself into dragging up IE from the depths. :yikes:

Leave IE in the deep dark depths of the sewers where it belongs.

Nothing is ever worth going that deep into the smelly sewers of IE.

Leave IE in the deep dark depths of the sewers where it belongs.

Nothing is ever worth going that deep into the smelly sewers of IE.

Amen....that's why I said it. ;)

http://pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=19691594

also, i JUST ran disk defragmentor last night after your test said 12% fragmentation (vista reported that i did not need to run defrag) and now i have 13% fragmentation.... is this a vista can't defrag worth **** issue, or test issue?

Any time you see file fragmentation 0% and data fragmentation x% that is a sign it's time to clean out some Vista restore points. Personally I just turn off system restore, defrag, then turn it back on and manually create a new restore point (important to do in Vista as it can be slow in making a new restore point).

where can i find info on determining my data vs file fragmentation?

Each of the recommendations is a clickable link to a new page with more details and recommendations to resolve the issue:

link.JPG

frag.JPG

i have tested a few times and the one thing that seems odd to me is the fact i get driver updates for my nic card but the driver that is suggested is for a different card and it can not be found on the manufactures web site, this is also true for my on bord sound. Other than that i found the test a lot faster with more detailed information given.

Dave

Edited by Bear

grand, now i'm trying it out on my xp pro machine and i get to the 'lets go' screen, and it says that i don't have the pit stop utility installed and to take me to the page where i may do so. well, it brings me back to the comparison page, and loops like this if tried again.

This is an XP machine and its taking exactly the same time to run the new test as it did the old test (2 minutes) and I dont have a problem with that.

Will anything be done about the 2D v 3D issue with the video test?

IE7, latest MS update patches, i am loged in and sitting at the comparison screen, click scan this pc, get to the "lets go" page, pop up that i need the utility and back to comparison page.

test works on my vista machine, for the most part atleast, working with mark on some driver issues.

edit>> and now the browse.asp page (comparison page i think?) loads to an empty black screen with no error messages, LOL

Edited by wdeydwondrer

I am not sure this will help, but try visiting http://www.pcpitstop.com/testax.asp

Also, can you run the normal full tests and not the betapit tests? Or do both not work? The second would make more sense.

I tried deleting my PC Pitstop utility and broke my test on purpose. I am not sure how to clean it completely to imitate your issue, but visiting the page above prompted the install of the utility. The test still ran for me but instead was hanging on "checking signatures" which is another problem altogether who's solution is in the forum.

ah ha! well, i tired the beta again, got stuck in the loop. i knew the old test worked, so i went to try it again. it asked to load a new utility, i did, tan through the test, and now the beta works like it should!

http://pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=19717472

i know, i haven't been keeping up on it, LOL

so does the beta test not have the ability to load up the utility?

so does the beta test not have the ability to load up the utility?

As far as I know, it should have that ability. You may have had an older utility installed that didn't support the OverDrive changes. When I deleted my utility completely and visited the OverDrive tests, the activex popped up and downloaded just fine. When it was half deleted/broken however it didn't tell me I needed another utility and wouldn't finish the test.

Perhaps it detected that you had a utility installed and redirected you even though it told you you needed a new one. ::shrug:: I'm glad it works now!

Not sure about the mechanics of the activex control, but we'll keep this in mind for the future.