Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

CALLING ALL LAPTOPS

The OS would have to be Microsoft, since MAC Operating Systems just score too high on Geekbench...

Saddest thing I have ever heard.

Would you only allow the slowest video drivers available? NO

Would you only allow the slowest chipset drivers available? NO

Yet you only allow the slowest operating system :huh::blink:

You guys make no sense at all.

It can't be helped that something is coded better for one platform than the other.

It's just like F@H running much faster on Linux than Windows.

I think I have something I can comptete with in this class.... When does this contest begin and end?? I need to read up a bit more I reckon....

Guys relax.........Ray has put a lot of time into this, not to mention other stuff...

and one little thing an ya'll jump on it

Why cant you just say, can Mac, Linux compete in a class to show MS up?

my 1520 is close to that, but 1.49 gigs and an 84m gs, but also cost me 900. less if you take off the 4 year accident protrection, lol

Edited by wdeydwondrer

Need to learn how to optimize this Vista as I believe I have over 60 processes running on a fresh install which seems crazy but I believe that's the case (on another rig at the moment). First time using/running Vista and may take me a bit of time to figure what I can shut off and cant unless I can find a guide or some help from experienced users. The proc. upgrade to 2.8 should net me a decent increase though oc is limited to 3.0Ghz by manufacturer/bios and quite possibly heat...lol....we'll see. Should have the proc. X9000 by the end of the week and hopefully she boots and no bios update required cause at this point in time one is not available for this lappy.

Edited by T.E.K.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=Q81LSWSCSTGS3DTG

First test with this combination proc/comp I've seen. Freshly installed and first test/bench I've done with it. Running @ 2.8 with the capability of running 3.0 per bios...hopefully a bios update eventually for and up on the muti...somewhat conservative at 3.0 but I do understand Gateways thought process.

As configured not too far off my E6420@3.2 score of 4200+

Compared to my stock score posted above this thing is blistering fast....

Benches and screenshots hopefully by this evening.

Any questions feel more than free to ask...

Edited by T.E.K.

What kind of laptop you have... cause I can't overclock mine...

Gateway P-6831FX is what it is Luis. I picked it up at Best Buy a couple weeks ago for like 1279.00 including tax. What sold me on the deal was a free game offer thrown in valued up to 50.00. Upgraded by adding an identical 250gb WD and put those in a Raid 0 array and the proc....x9000ES (engineering sample). Would've never got my hands on this one but fortunate enough to know the right people to get me one at a decent price depending on ones definition of decent and price when combined....lol. Regardless, I'm pleased with it. My first laptop/portable....it's been fun so far... :)

As far as the overclock it has to be allowed in the bios by the manufacturer as ya probably know and it just so happens that the option appears in this bios to unlock the Extremes....only going from 14x to 15x on the multi (200Mhz) but still not bad. Now Sager and probably a few others do 15x and 16x on the muti allowing for up to a 400Mhz oc (3200Mhz) but ya be paying quite a bit more than what I got in this one....they(Sager) put that in a 15" package(notebook) as well so to alot of folks it's worth the premium.

Not real sure how the design of this Gateway would handle the heat of a 3.2 and sure they took that into consideration....they do offer the x7900 (65Nm) on their website but so far no X9000(45Nm)

Not quite a Dell XPS sli setup but for the components I got in it I actually have me a custom/hybrid weighing in at under 10lbs. that'll game anything I would throw at it pretty well.

Edited by T.E.K.