Sign in to follow this  
lorriehe

problem with one computer on my network

I have two computers hooked up to a cable connection. The first computer is acting OK, but the 2nd one all of a sudden has been having problems, especially if you are trying U-tube or something of that sort (ie web pages with alot of graphics). They are both hooked in thru a router (not wireless). I have run the tests and about the only real problem is some outdated drivers which the tech said wouldn't cause this problem. When I run the test tho, it doesn't get thru the one where it loads the image 3 times, It manages to load it about one an a half then freezes. Any ideas?

TechExpress link for your current results:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=47NNHWHVDCWSPM1G

I have two computers hooked up to a cable connection. The first computer is acting OK, but the 2nd one all of a sudden has been having problems, especially if you are trying U-tube or something of that sort (ie web pages with alot of graphics). They are both hooked in thru a router (not wireless). I have run the tests and about the only real problem is some outdated drivers which the tech said wouldn't cause this problem. When I run the test tho, it doesn't get thru the one where it loads the image 3 times, It manages to load it about one an a half then freezes. Any ideas?

TechExpress link for your current results:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=47NNHWHVDCWSPM1G

57 looks and no one has any ideas? :rofl2::pullhair:

57 looks and no one has any ideas? :rofl2::pullhair:

My son is getting really frustrated with this. I asked him if he's added something new that would cause this. He thinks the problem started when I upgraded the memory. I thought if I gave it more memory the thing would be faster. Make sense to anyone out there? :cr@sh:

My son is getting really frustrated with this. I asked him if he's added something new that would cause this. He thinks the problem started when I upgraded the memory. I thought if I gave it more memory the thing would be faster. Make sense to anyone out there? :cr@sh:

I'm baaack!!! Now my husband says the other computer on the network has gotten really slow. Any ideas??

:cr@sh:

well first off, you want to update your drivers, there's a nifty little program on the home page called "driver alert" i believe, and it's usefull if you want a simple list of recent drivers for your system w/out looking up each one.

are you experiencing this slow problem ONLY on media heavy websites or all websites? Is your pc running slow in general, or is that ok?

going to recommend running Disk Cleanup, followed by Disk Defragmentor. Once done I suggest also downloading a virus scanner as it seems you don't have one, and then running it. Also find a spyware scanner such as Ad-Aware or SpyBot SD and running it.

to check the router, about all you can do is to change the port your network cable is hooked into i.e. 1-4

speedtests can be done at other sites that are a bit more acurate at high speed connections like www.speedtest.net

well first off, you want to update your drivers, there's a nifty little program on the home page called "driver alert" i believe, and it's usefull if you want a simple list of recent drivers for your system w/out looking up each one.

are you experiencing this slow problem ONLY on media heavy websites or all websites? Is your pc running slow in general, or is that ok?

going to recommend running Disk Cleanup, followed by Disk Defragmentor. Once done I suggest also downloading a virus scanner as it seems you don't have one, and then running it. Also find a spyware scanner such as Ad-Aware or SpyBot SD and running it.

to check the router, about all you can do is to change the port your network cable is hooked into i.e. 1-4

speedtests can be done at other sites that are a bit more acurate at high speed connections like www.speedtest.net

This happens most on media heavy websites. The computer isn't running slow. I've tried all of the things you've mentioned as well. We just recently changed our security suite and it does seem a little bit better.

that shows the results for whoever opens it, meaning i seen my own results

you need to copy and paste the share link they give you

I see that...I'll run it again and jot down the results.