Sign in to follow this  
corvin

How to format my computer?

its just customized computer not fully branded computer. Its ironic coz, I was the one who build my computer and yet I don't know how to install an OS or reformat it. I only know what to plug or how to install hardware in a compatible with another hardware to the computer

Edited by corvin

In the past when I reformat a pc thats not remanufactured I always made a boot disk on a floppy to boot into dos. From dos, you jump drives to whatever the Windows cd is set to. Then simply run setup.exe

Once it loads the format options shuld be available.

You can also format a drive in DOS.

Edited by aaron9780

I am pretty sure that is beyond the scope of Corvin's knowledge, and completely unnecessary, I might add.

You can format drives in Windows setup without having to issue any DOS commands.

To answer your question. Download the drivers that you may need, such as video, audio, and the chipset drivers, burn them to a CD for later use (it really comes in handy), pop in the disk, and proceed to install Windows.

Edited by brandon

its a quick way to format if u have a floppy and thats what he was asking and what if the setup dosent automatically starts running..if you look I was pointing him to the windows setup

Edited by aaron9780

Doing something such as that is doing nothing but adding steps to an otherwise relatively simple process.

And since DOS can not read, or write NTFS partitions, you'd have to format the drive as FAT32, losing some of NTFS' key features, such as journaling, better speed, higher reliability, higher efficiency, and the like.

I haven't slept for almost two days now, so I guess I misread your post, and now that I think about it, I did.

I just don't like DOS, so forgive me if you percieved animosity towards you from my posts in this thread.