Sign in to follow this  
cL1cKm3.exe

get a free copy of vista ultimate

disregard if already mentioned, just came across it thought i'd share

in exchange for 3 months of your privacy...take some surveys every two weeks for 3 months

you get a choice of:

* Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit DVD)

* Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007

* Microsoft Money Plus Premium

* Microsoft Student with Encarta Premium 2008

* Microsoft Streets and Trips 2008

free in the mail afterwards

http://wfp.microsoft.com/

http://wfp.microsoft.com/AboutPanel.aspx

Small price for a free OS IMHO, OK it goes against the grain, but for 3 months I could wear it, it's not like I do anything that would be a problem anyway, and once it was completed I'd zero the drive and reinstall to be sure of getting rid of the tracking software, not to mention I'd probably be putting the new OS on at the same time, so I'd be up for it, but it's only for the US the swines.

Interesting concept really.

Folks in this forum dedicate much of their time fighting pop ups, malware and privacy invading software.

However when Microsoft does it.........pop ups and privacy invasion, the typical type garbage so many are trying to avoid, the sheeple praise it and actively seek it out. :rofl3:

To be honest I would trust the likes of a company like gator/claria before I would entrust Microsoft.

Edited by Bruce

Don't be suprised if M$ renigs on the deal....they've done it before with "free" usb drives

"sorry but due to high demand, we are out of stock"....LOL

lol I'm no sheep :P , I'd be going in with both eyes wide open, I simply see it as an affordable way to pay for something I can't afford otherwise, as the old saying goes, few things in life are truly free, so for the sake of 3 months it's not much for an OS, mind you if they ran out of disks (I don't see how they could as they make them unlike the hardware they offered) I would be hacked off, but as I'm not i the US I can't eve try for it. :mrsgreen:

Interesting concept really.

Folks in this forum dedicate much of their time fighting pop ups, malware and privacy invading software.

However when Microsoft does it.........pop ups and privacy invasion, the typical type garbage so many are trying to avoid, the sheeple praise it and actively seek it out. :rofl3:

To be honest I would trust the likes of a company like gator/claria before I would entrust Microsoft.

+1

I too find it strange that people would spend all this time fighting against privacy threats, and then when MS issues something like this, people eat it up. You've got to wonder where people's priorities are.

If you want a free OS, use Linux. If you'd be willing to shell out hard earned cash for an incremental update to XP with a new driver model, use Vista.

Edited by brandon

Very true and valid point about fighting against these things, BUT, there is a very clear difference here, and that is this is all in the open, it isn't hidden and snuck onto you without your knowledge, that is the main concept the fight for privacy we all are in support of is about, so unlike a case where you may visit a page and pick up such privacy invaders that we all fight against, here you clearly know what you are getting into, and that you are in turn receiving a payment for your cooperation, that is the major difference IMHO.

So Microsoft say's give up my privacy for three months, sure three months from them and three months each from every other company they sell or give my information, that sounds like simply a wonderful idea :blink:

The first question that came to my mind is why are the sales slumping that badily or was there somekind of behind the scenes deal made with other software vendors?

In any case the old adtage comes to mind "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is"

Bear

Very true and valid point about fighting against these things, BUT, there is a very clear difference here, and that is this is all in the open, it isn't hidden and snuck onto you without your knowledge, that is the main concept the fight for privacy we all are in support of is about, so unlike a case where you may visit a page and pick up such privacy invaders that we all fight against, here you clearly know what you are getting into, and that you are in turn receiving a payment for your cooperation, that is the major difference IMHO.

Same applies to Gator/Claria which is what I made reference to.

I may be a bit sinical or even paranoid, but i have a real hard time with anything Microsoft say's

Bear

...where is the link for what is free--I looked at all of them and didn't see any "reward" :shrug:

http://www.computerworld.com/action/articl...ticleId=9052518

December 12, 2007 (Computerworld) -- Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday withdrew an offer of free copies of Windows Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 in exchange for consumers agreeing to install monitoring software, saying it had exhausted the supply of software.

Until mid-afternoon Tuesday, the company's Windows Feedback Program was handing out copies of Vista Ultimate, Office Ultimate 2007 and other software to users who agreed to complete regular surveys and to install a program that tracked Windows and Office use for three months. The program transmitted the information to Microsoft's servers daily.

forgot to mention, case anyone hasnt read any details or the fine print, but you have to do both types of surveys, the download thing and online questionair to recieve the software. all the info they take is outlined pretty clear. i didnt really read too much of it so i suggest you all do so just in case i'm incorrect about anything.

i understand some of you guy's concern, however less your doing something illegal or embarrassing with your pc, then you shouldnt even have it connected online to begin with much less participate. if you dont believe MS,just dont use that PC to do financial transactions or anything of that nature. 3 months of informing them about me and how i use my pc for several hundred dollars savings? heck yah!! lol

aside from that stuff, i cant understand why anyone would care. few things are private anymore, i cant even go outside without being on camera or webcam somewhere.

What happens outside is not the same as what happens in the privacy of my home, on my personal property.

I don't do anything illegal with my computers, that doesn't mean I think I shouldn't care about my privacy.

I don't do anything illegal in my bedroom either, but you know what? It ain't no ones business what goes there.

What hardware I have, what software I use, what patches I have, what drivers I use, what I do with it all is my business, no one elses. I will keep it that way.

Doesn't matter much anyways as the scam, ahh I mean spyware, ahh I mean promotion offer isn't available now.

:pullhair:

spent 20min's w/ the survey

and installed the software on my work PC .... now no vista :mrsgreen:

read thru some of the fine print some of the stuff has to do with errors or crashes they can monitor what happened .... i dunno maybe trying to improve their software

How the hell does M$ exhaust it supply of software???....They are the manufactuer, can't they make more disks???, M$ is still keeping it's reputation for bad deals

The company is based entirely on anti trust, why trust them in return ! someone also mentioned free software, remember its only a license to use it, no one owns it, the software belongs to ms.

How the hell does M$ exhaust it supply of software???....They are the manufactuer, can't they make more disks???, M$ is still keeping it's reputation for bad deals

Like I said

I may be a bit sinical or even paranoid, but i have a real hard time with anything Microsoft say's

Bear

Those such as Bruce wanting to have their privacy are quite entitled to do so which I fully support, but this is an open arrangement where you can choose to do it or not, they don't try and sneak it on you, as to having full access to what you do as already suggested here use a second PC (assuming you have one) to do the really private things such as banking or buying on the web so they never get that info, all they get is the general surfing as you go through the forums etc, small price for an OS which I couldn't afford any other way IMHO.

What you propose speaks volumes about the lack of trust in the very operating system, and the company who make it.

use a second PC (assuming you have one) to do the really private things such as banking or buying on the web so they never get that info, all they get is the general surfing as you go through the forums etc, small price for an OS which I couldn't afford any other way IMHO.

That is not a "small" price to pay. It is the ultimate price to pay.

You see when it comes to privacy, my computers, and anything else I do I consider it all private, and I take my right to privacy very seriously and would never willingly and knowingly give away my rights.

Perhaps others look upon our most basic and guaranteed rights as trivial things to be handed away for a few dollars. I for one would never do such a thing. I simply just can't imagine literally giving up my freedom for a few bucks.

It is the principle of it all for me.

Many people think I don't use Microsoft products because of their design and or many other issues that surround them. They are wrong, nothing could be further from the truth.

I don't use Microsoft products because I simply can not bring myself to accept their licensing agreement and the very severe restrictions it contains.