Sign in to follow this  
Cl@re

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

I know I can always try and download it from the microsoft website but before I do, is it actually worth having Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 on my pc.

I have the yellow shield in my task bar, it keeps saying I have stuff ready to install and each time it's this and it won't install, it fails. Any ideas why this may be?

you may already have it installed. go into add/remove programs and check if microsoft .net framework 1.1 service pack 1, microsoft .net framework 2.0, or microsoft .net framework 3.0 is listed.

Actually I think there are two updates for .NET Framework v1.1. If you are going to run it, I would suggest you D/L both. I think you may also need v2.0 plus updates as some programs will not run without it...same for v1.1.

Hope this helps some. :)

Regards,

Hawk :b33r:

You may not need Framework at all. Or maybe you do.

You can go to the WinUpdate settings (on the website, not your pc) and make it ignore things you don't need. Then it'll no longer offer it for downloading.

The newer Framework programs are not compatilble with earlier versions. Because of this you may need more than one version of Framework. Don't replace 1.1 with newer versions if you are using 1.1.

Ok, I checked and I have microsoft .net framework 1.1 but it doesn't say if it's service pack 1. I'm assuming it is the same thing?

Frankly I don't know. If you want this software, WinUpdate should do it's job. And if a patch won't install, try again later. WinUpdate sucks.

I run versions 1.1. & 2.0. Some programs require 1.1 & some newer ones require 2.0.

Read about .NET FRAMEWORK.

Of course, if you want, you don't have to run any. :P

Regards,

Hawk :b33r:

Mine did same thing kept getting a failed update i even Whent to Software distrib folder deleted the 2 folders there with auto update off, still no go.The following day it installed fine so i dont know.

I had the same thing happen as well. I just went to Update website and did Custom search for updates and it fixed it. Remember to reboot after update and it should fix itself.

Good Luck.

D.

HELP! I am having the same problem. The yellow shield stays on my screen and this will not install. I went into add/remove programs and I have Microsoft .NET Framework (English) version 1.0.3705 and 1.1. Do I need to remove one of these? Any help appriciated!