Sign in to follow this  
Jacee

What is taking up your hard drive?

I've just discovered this little program called WinDirStat. It's been around for a while, so many of you may know of it. It gives a break down on the amount of space being used on your hard drive.

It's freeware :)

http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/WinDirStat/windirstats.html

Hey! Thanks, Jacee. Lots of great information, there. It shows me that I could gain a LOT of space (over two gig) just by cleaning up my images on Paint Shop Pro. Looks like they need to put on disks. Valuable tool! You're just all wool and a yard wide. (That's a compliment here in Oklahoma).

Great program! I've recommended it to quite a few people. It's good if you're a visual person like me, and need to "see" the space hogs.

For a while I've been meaning to put this up on Tips 'n' Tricks, but it looks like you beat me to it.

By the way, here's their website-->http://windirstat.info/

:)

Edited by Simonsells91

I just downloaded and ran this program, but I'm not really sure what I am suppose to do with the results. Am I suppose to delete some of this? Sorry, it's just REALLLLLLLYYYYY hot up here in my office right now, and I think my brains are being cooked. :rofl2: Can't WAIT for DH (dear hubby, for those not sure. ;)) to get home and install the AC in my office.

Dawn

Hey! Thanks, Jacee. Lots of great information, there. It shows me that I could gain a LOT of space (over two gig) just by cleaning up my images on Paint Shop Pro. Looks like they need to put on disks. Valuable tool! You're just all wool and a yard wide. (That's a compliment here in Oklahoma).

I downloaded the program but windows said that it was not a valid program so it returned an error message. ANy suggestions? I deleted the download twice and retried it. My hard drive free space dropped from 20 to 7 GB in the past few days.

Thank you,

Kmcpickl

:cr@sh:

I actually don't know what to do with the results either, like how am I supposed to know which files are fine to erase without harming or putting in risk any system setup and stuff like that you know, anybody willing to explain? Would be highly appreciated! I attached my results if it's any help.

Posted Image