Sign in to follow this  
wdeydwondrer

EA Tech Support

OK!!!!! :hammer::boxing::hammer::angry:

so for the last week now I've been in email games with EA tech support. I say games because it's a joke at very best. I have NEVER seen a tech department not able to answer or suggest a solution to a problem.

I have talked to a new tech person every reply I get on the SAME incident report, not a new email, and I keep getting asked questions that honestly were answered in my original incident submision. I had already attached all tests that EA would ask me to run on my pc witht he first email, (forgot to put the dxdiag results in, but i added that on second email), and I get questions like had you read the FAQ about how to run a trace route. well..... if i supplied a traceroute to you before you asked the question......... do they even read these incidents?!

EA is the biggest bunch of incompitent fools I've ever encountered, bar none.

anyone else ever get to have fun w/ EA tech? and have you ever had your issue resolved?

OK!!!!! :hammer::boxing::hammer::angry:

so for the last week now I've been in email games with EA tech support. I say games because it's a joke at very best. I have NEVER seen a tech department not able to answer or suggest a solution to a problem.

I have talked to a new tech person every reply I get on the SAME incident report, not a new email, and I keep getting asked questions that honestly were answered in my original incident submision. I had already attached all tests that EA would ask me to run on my pc witht he first email, (forgot to put the dxdiag results in, but i added that on second email), and I get questions like had you read the FAQ about how to run a trace route. well..... if i supplied a traceroute to you before you asked the question......... do they even read these incidents?!

EA is the biggest bunch of incompitent fools I've ever encountered, bar none.

anyone else ever get to have fun w/ EA tech? and have you ever had your issue resolved?

I haven't had to deal with their tech support but I sure have enjoyed some of their games (I'm partial to shooters). Just finished MOH Airborne and really enjoyed it. I was concerned because their last one (pacific Assault) left me disappointed. But this was pretty good

EA (and EA Sports in particular) have had the worst customer support for years and years. I remember sending them screenshots of bugs in Madden 2007 (in particular the bug where a relocated team has NO helmet logo), and I get the automated response that they are unable to reproduce the bug in their game. Not sure how they can't since that bug has been in Madden ever since relocation was possible (3 or 4 years ago).

They automate just about every reply. I've sent in error reports of two completely different bugs in two completely different games and have been sent the same exact reply word for word, right down to the same spelling/punctuation errors in each reply. The replies themselves were both sent from two different support people supposedly. Yeah, right.

Blizzard customer support is a close second after EA (take a look at the WoW boards and tell me that any sane company would run a board like that). I'd probably put Sony in third place.

welp, this incident is leading the group of gamers that I play with to boycot EA games at our lans. we're all sick of their inability to fix what they didn't make correctly the first time.

for some reason, they feel that (in RTS games), patches should primarily fix balance issues and not known connection or crash issues. And the biggest thing is that they'll release a 1.01 patch, and that's it. with RotWK, we had a couple people in the community write their own patch to fix stability issues.

i think it'd be better if they outsourced this one from EA to anywhere. atleast we'd talk to people then!

well :filtered:, just got my 5th response on my help request.

wouldn't ya know that it has ignored every i had sent them and asked about the hardware in my pc....... which is included in the multiple DXDiag results I'd sent them.

then they ask me a 4th time to update my drivers, close ALL running background tasks, and to open port 8088 thru 65535 to play this title online.

If i wanted an automated FAQ response form, I wouldn't have emailed them to begin with.

I've now inititated contact with their CS department (probably the same people) asking for a refund and how to get ahold of management or quality control...... not really expecting an answer to this one.

i'm just sooooooo :angry::angry::bang::argue::nuke::grr::grr::rollingpin::goodnight:

I think that's an over broad statement. When you start the server, you can either have it run off the default port or enter in a port number. I think they were wanting to open all possible ports that can be configured with the game.

it's not a server, just my client end game. the manual even tells me to open all ports and the game randomly picks, or define ONE port in the game and router/firewall.

tech support though insists that the game will use multiple ports, hence the need for nearly 60k ports open, LOL

i know, lets all run around with our DMZ set to on so we can play on EA network!!!! ya....

also got word that they won't refund the game, they'll only exchange it for the same title...... what use is that?

i think most tech supports are like that. they all appear to be the same as in send you a pre-made email thats basically whats found on the FAQ guides. yes Razer, i have you guys in mind when i said that. thanks for the pointless email and ask me questions that i already had answered to begin with.

although i've had some be very helpful and others who never gave a response...yeah Starforce, i'm talkn to you guys#@$@#

well, for a moment I thought i was getting somewhere. a tech replied to me like 3 times about he was looking into the complaint i filed towards their techs that didn't even bother to read my two week incident report.

offered me some actual advice though and told me that after he looked through (YES, someone that read my problem!!) my reports, he told me that the game wasn't designed for dual core and i had to set the affinity on it to a single cpu.

easy enough, but it didn't fix the other half the problem and now i haven't recieved an email from them in 3 days...... maybe they just give up if they don't know?

it's not a server, just my client end game. the manual even tells me to open all ports and the game randomly picks, or define ONE port in the game and router/firewall.

tech support though insists that the game will use multiple ports, hence the need for nearly 60k ports open, LOL

i know, lets all run around with our DMZ set to on so we can play on EA network!!!! ya....

also got word that they won't refund the game, they'll only exchange it for the same title...... what use is that?

Why would you need to open any ports on the client side? Your router should do that for you. Firewall is different, but I take it you're running a router?

ya, running a router. since it has the nifty nat feature, i usually have to open a port or couple for certain games. older games run through it just fine, but most newer ones complain. especially if i try and host a game in the client software (not dedicated software).

not exctly sure how my router could know to open ports when i run a game, and how it could tell it IS a game. my old D-Link could do that, but I had to specify to it what network my games were running with first...

either way my router isn't the problem since I can't get a connection when hooked to the modem directly, LMAO

If you are running game client the router picks up your request to talk to a specific ip. It then opens the port for the two system to comunicate. Sever is different as your system isn't requesting any connection, but people are reqeusting a connection to it, but the router has no idea where to send the connection to until you forward the port to a specific system.

If you can not connect to the game sever while wired straight into the modem I would first take down any software firewalls I am running. Second flush the dns cache, open command box and type C:\>ipconfig /flushdns and press the enter key. Third start wondering about my isp blocking game servers. Last but not least, down right crappy software.

well all my buddy just had a problem with his special force cd key (it was saying it was an invalid key but he had the manual with the key right on it )and had to get ahold of ea tech support he had the same problem as u all

and after a little searching on the net he found a forum where someone had gotten ahold of ea's head ceo's phone number he calld the # and left a nasty message (not rude or vulgar but he was verry short with him)

the verry next day he recived a call from the ceo and now has a new cd key and is being sent a new disc 1 of sf and disc 2 of bf2 (he had lost them ) ill try and get ahold of him and see if i can get that phone number

or if u guys wanna do ur own research just try searchin for problems with sf cd keys not working im shure u could find the # pretty easy

also the ceo says that the cd key was not valid due to it being crouppted due to a update patch

Edited by stndhippie

i doubt flushing my dns will work since i performed a complete system install after i'd had the game a couple months.

i don't run a software firewall, just a virus scanner and it gets disabled when playing online games.

my isp isn't blocking the game. talked to them for a few hours one day and they were so clueless they gave me their premium service for a month free to say sorry.

so that leaves the, by now, obvious answer :mrsgreen::mrsgreen::mrsgreen:

:sandi: >EA