Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simon9one

Need Help With PCmark05

I have a quick question for the benchmark gurus here.

I have a pair of Raptors in Intel Matrix RAID with a 30gb RAID 0 array ( C) on them for the OS and some programs and a 250gb RAID 0 array (D) for most programs and storage. C is much faster than D, but PCmark will only test D. It doesn't matter which one it is installed on. It is driving me crazy :pullhair: Is there any way to tell PCmark05 which hard drive to test? I know this can be done if you buy the "advanced version" but I don't have the money for that. I know I could score better than this.......

I checked out your score and it looks like you have the 64bit Vista version. This may be the problem as futureMark is not optimized yet for 64bit.

I hope that isn't the problem. It says it works on 64-bit Vista, but this may just be one of their many bugs.

I hope that isn't the problem. It says it works on 64-bit Vista, but this may just be one of their many bugs.

Yes I can see how it will work with 32bit Vista, but being how there are not games yet in 64bit they are running it on 32bit and you may be getting a mis-reading on your score.

Just a theory and not a fact! :b33r:

Thanks, I think it probably is 64-bit Vista causing it. I'll try it out on 32-bit Vista or XP when I get a chance.......

:)

Edit: just checked around some more on Google and it looks like people have this problem on XP too...

Install PCMark05 on the OS drive, then unplug the other drive(s) you don't want it to test. I got this same stupid behaviour under both XP and Vista and that was the only way I could force it to test the right drive.

Install PCMark05 on the OS drive, then unplug the other drive(s) you don't want it to test. I got this same stupid behaviour under both XP and Vista and that was the only way I could force it to test the right drive.

It's in RAID, so I can't unplug........

It's in RAID, so I can't unplug........

Wait, you mean the Raptors are RAIDed with your bulk drives? Or your RAID controller gets mad if you remove the second RAID? I've never tried to run a system with two seperate RAIDs in it so I don't know what to tell you.

I may have been unclear in my first post. There are two RAID 0 arrays striped between the two drives. No other drives involved....Sorry if I was confusing.

Oh now I get it - you've got a pair of the 150 GB Raptors and you've partitioned them in addition to RAIDing them. I'm still stuck back with the 37GB version so I was thinking that the 250GB part was some other physical drive (and also not really awake because a RAID 0 of 37GB Raptors would be 74GB). Don't know how to outsmart that silly program then.