Sign in to follow this  
Gamekid

Windows registry

Its not like its wasting time bcus it dont take 10 secs to delete registry entries via a registry cleaner program.

Its more likely that you could screw things up by deleting things in the registry, that may or may not be needed.

Using those cleaners is hit and miss. Some do the job well and others leave a lot to be desired.

Ive tried a lot but the Ace Utilities registry cleaner seems to do a good job of knowing whats needed and what isnt.

Ive had no issues using it anyway.

As with all those cleaners you/we use at our own risk.

Keith

Edited by doofus

It's always best to make a backup before you mess with the registry....especially if you don't know what you're doing for sure.

It's always best to make a backup before you mess with the registry....especially if you don't know what you're doing for sure.

I have the option to make a backup and a restore point, but I have never had a case where I take out invalid data and then my computer no longer works. I let the software do the work, mainly because I'm not trained with the windows registry?

I have the option to make a backup and a restore point, but I have never had a case where I take out invalid data and then my computer no longer works. I let the software do the work, mainly because I'm not trained with the windows registry?

So havnt you answered your own question?

If you have had no problems then keep doing what your doing.

Like Jacee suggests still create a backup bcus all it takes is one screw up and you wont be booting.

Keith

So havnt you answered your own question?

If you have had no problems then keep doing what your doing.

Like Jacee suggests still create a backup bcus all it takes is one screw up and you wont be booting.

Keith

One post on here for something had a link that talked about various things in windows xp that didn't matter. One such example is emptying the prefetch folder improves performace which isn't true because the only thing that it does do is increase access time for programs. This is the reason why I posted about the registry, but since I have already stated on here that I haven't had any problems with the registry, no need to worry.

One post on here for something had a link that talked about various things in windows xp that didn't matter. One such example is emptying the prefetch folder improves performace which isn't true because the only thing that it does do is increase access time for programs. This is the reason why I posted about the registry, but since I have already stated on here that I haven't had any problems with the registry, no need to worry.

Yeah that prefetch thing actually works best when left alone.....lol. Not what you are lead to believe after reading some of those tweaker sites tho is it??......lol

Keith

Yeah that prefetch thing actually works best when left alone.....lol. Not what you are lead to believe after reading some of those tweaker sites tho is it??......lol

Keith

Exactly. Some things you find out about the hard way.