Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

40% of all German students now use Linux systems

My view is that I think that Microsoft is very vulnerable. On one hand, they have Google driving the world to a web centric model, where all your storage and applications come from the web rather than from your local hard drive.

On the other hand, if people just want an operating system, there is now a free alternative.

So in the long run, their market position is unsustainable. I feel that when it happens, it will happen quickly. There is a whole new generation of PC users, and their computing habits are much different than yours and mine.

I had a party at my house and quite a few teenagers were there. There was this one girl and she could text message on her cell phone as fast as I can type. It was pretty wild to watch.

There was this one girl and she could text message on her cell phone as fast as I can type. It was pretty wild to watch.

Some of us are just skilled that way. :whistling:

40% is actually alot? I bet linux became popular after happy feet. Wasnt it around that time that even dell started into it?? :tux:

yeah...peaple were all like: hey, i just watched happy feet, let's install linux.

:rolleyes:

i watched it the other day and it gave me that urge to install it. you just never know. :rofl2:

Maybe that's just you. :P I know when I saw Autopatcher was taken down I was almost angry enough at M$ to completely switch over to Linux and throw my Vista CDs out the window. I'm not ready to switch my primary OS though, I'm too used to Windows.

Edited by Simonsells91

Some of us are just skilled that way. :whistling:

40% is actually alot? I bet linux became popular after happy feet. Wasnt it around that time that even dell started into it?? :tux:

Some thoughts you should just keep to yourself. :lol:

This is nice news. I dig openSUSE and it's my primary os. :tup: