Sign in to follow this  
lesliebibb

how much electricity does my computer use?

thx, didn't know macs use less power than pc's!

Leslie

I didn't gather that at all from the provided link???

I didn't gather that at all from the provided link???

I saw that it says the mac uses less as well

Are we on the same page KRAM? :P:mrgreen:

Keith

Posted Image

There ya go.

Keith

That picture contradicts itself. What if the PC has a slower processor than the Mac? Pc's and Mac's use just about identical parts. One part that might be different is the cpu, but Mac's are coming out with Intel cpu's now. I don't see where this guy came up with his assumption.

That picture contradicts itself. What if the PC has a slower processor than the Mac? Pc's and Mac's use just about identical parts. One part that might be different is the cpu, but Mac's are coming out with Intel cpu's now. I don't see where this guy came up with his assumption.

I know

Just one of those things that you really cannot suggest without actually exploring all the options. Something i think the guy never did.

Keith

I think the powwer supply would be a major factor, an old pc running 98 may only use a 250 watt psu, while the latest and greatest gamming rig would have a kilo watt (1000 watt) psu

I think the powwer supply would be a major factor, an old pc running 98 may only use a 250 watt psu, while the latest and greatest gamming rig would have a kilo watt (1000 watt) psu

So true Joe and like this Mac here uses less power than my pc. :lol:

http://www.apple.com/macpro/

I looked at the specs on that mac....seems like they don't want to know the watts on the psu

I looked at the specs on that mac....seems like they don't want to know the watts on the psu

:shifty:

Never the less Joe, the statement saying a Mac uses less power than a PC is just incorrect. There are just to many factors involved to make a statement like that.

Maybe the writer of that article compared the average Mac power usage to the pc's.

Usually macs are used for low end stuff like internet and the pc is used a lot for gaming.

But in that case it has nothing to do with the hardware itself.

Leslie

Maybe the writer of that article compared the average Mac power usage to the pc's.

Usually macs are used for low end stuff like internet and the pc is used a lot for gaming.

But in that case it has nothing to do with the hardware itself.

Leslie

I'll agree that user habits do influence the power consumption, but to make the comment that Mac's use less power than a PC I do not agree with.

thx, didn't know macs use less power than pc's!

Leslie