Sign in to follow this  
Swab Jock

Unable to load flash player

My computer is a Dell Demension 5150 E510

OS Windows X/P Media Center Edition

I've had this problem before but somewhat different than I'm having now, and I must add it was solved by none other than you good people here in this form. However, I'm back to square one, so I'm asking for your help again to tell me where I've screwed up. When I say screwed up, I must of had, because it was working ok about two weeks ago.

Anyway, when I try to down load the Adobe Flash Player it goes through the motion as if everything is working fine. I get the yellow bar that ast me to install active X control. I click on it and I get the box with the big F and the little bar at the bottom as if it is down loading. But, after about ten seconds it shut off and it doesn't tell me why.

Also, at times when I'm surfing the net a dialog box will popup asking me if I want to install the Adobe Flash Player. I click on install and nothing happens. It has become very frustrating.

I certainly hope someone can tell me where I have gone wrong.

try to download adobe flash player 9 from here

Flashplayer

Edited by mme

Intelguy

I followed your instructions and uninstalled flash. Then I tried to reinstall it, but nothing has changed. It went through the motion but at the last second it shut down. And then a dialog box popped up asking me if I want to install flash. I click install and it’s the same old thing all over again, until it just quits and won’t let me try at all.

Btw, flash is installed in my add and remove programs.

how are you getting flash player install

is it on a site

does it just pop up

and what version of flash player do you have

Flash Player 9 is the latest

Intelguy

I followed your instructions and uninstalled flash. Then I tried to reinstall it, but nothing has changed. It went through the motion but at the last second it shut down. And then a dialog box popped up asking me if I want to install flash. I click install and it’s the same old thing all over again, until it just quits and won’t let me try at all.

Btw, flash is installed in my add and remove programs.

Did you use the uninstall tool from the link I posted or the Add/Remove entry to uninstall Flash? If you used the Add/Remove entry, try it again using the uninstaller from the Adobe link.

how are you getting flash player install

is it on a site

does it just pop up

and what version of flash player do you have

Flash Player 9 is the latest

MME

I used the link that you posted

Did you use the uninstall tool from the link I posted or the Add/Remove entry to uninstall Flash? If you used the Add/Remove entry, try it again using the uninstaller from the Adobe link.

Intelguy

I used the link that you posted to unstill flash.

It is working ok now, but it is probably only temporary because I’ve had this to happen before.

I think I’m having computer problems and it probably needs a good optimizing. According to the test, it needs a good cleaning to rid it of a lot of crap.

Intelguy

I used the link that you posted to unstill flash.

It is working ok now, but it is probably only temporary because I’ve had this to happen before.

I think I’m having computer problems and it probably needs a good optimizing. According to the test, it needs a good cleaning to rid it of a lot of crap.

That could be, but the Flash player seems to be having some problems as well, of late. Mine breaks so often that I keep the uninstaller on my desktop.

Here is a good cleaner for cleaning things up.........

http://ccleaner.com/

i use it a couple times a week, its also free.............scott.. ;)

Thanks Scott38, I’ll give it a try as soon as I work up the nerve to do it. I’m kind of wary of freeware that fools around with my computers registry. But…if you have used it, it must be ok.

Thanks again

hello swab jock, heres a link w/info to run the reg. cleaner........

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showtopic=119336

if something should happen where your system isnt running right

just go into your documents ,right click on the back-up file, select merge,a window will pop up

asking you if you want to add info back into registry,select yes and your done........

i do this like once a month......after 1 month i will delete the back-up and just do the same

steps agian...........scott.......... ;)

Edited by scott38

hello swab jock, heres a link w/info to run the reg. cleaner........

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showtopic=119336

if something should happen where your system isnt running right

just go into your documents ,right click on the back-up file, select merge,a window will pop up

asking you if you want to add info back into registry,select yes and your done........

i do this like once a month......after 1 month i will delete the back-up and just do the same

steps agian...........scott.......... ;)

Scott, I did it and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks for the link

Scott, I did it and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks for the link

good to hear...........scott :b33r: