Sign in to follow this  
cmunson

Windows Accessory Survey Results

Windows Accessories?

Calculator? :laughing:

WordPad :huh:

Adddress Book :pullhair:

Are you serious in calling these win 3.1 apps accessories?

If this is for John Q. Public, then I can see where it would be a bit useful........maybe......but even I find it bland and pretty much useless. :blink:

Windows Accessories?

Yes, these are Windows accessories. You'll find them on any Windows system starting with 3.1, even XP has them. They are VERY useful. There's similar accessories available on cellphones. You make it sound like everybody is so super-smart they don't need these accessories. :tea: *sips* I personally have no use for Windows' Address Book, though. Its connected to Outlook.

Yes, these are Windows accessories. You'll find them on any Windows system starting with 3.1, even XP has them. They are VERY useful. There's similar accessories available on cellphones. You make it sound like everybody is so super-smart they don't need these accessories. :tea: *sips* I personally have no use for Windows' Address Book, though. Its connected to Outlook.

It is just funny how little programs like these are put into the limelight. It would be like me conducting a survey on which people prefer, the start button or the time display.

It is just funny how little programs like these are put into the limelight. It would be like me conducting a survey on which people prefer, the start button or the time display.

I fail to see how your survey is any less important. I prefer the Start button, since I have a clock on my cellphone. The clock on the desktop isn't very sight-impaired friendly. You'd think Billy Gates would've cared enough to make it more accessible. Then again, ALL the accessories aren't made accessible. You have to use the Microsoft magnifying glass tool [i don't remember what its called] just to see the accessories.

You have to use the Microsoft magnifying glass tool [i don't remember what its called] just to see the accessories.

So M$ makes you use an accessory to see accessories?

Windows Accessories?

Most of those "accessories" are pre-Windows 3.1. In fact, I know of a site where you can download applications that were originally for Windows 1.03, and you'll notice some similarities between those, and the accessories on modern Windows OSes. Namely, they're the same damn thing.

A magnifying lense and a ancient typewriter/ pen and paper + a calculater i can buy @ a dollar store. its blowing tumble weeds in a ghost town after a fresh install of windows :lol:

It doesn't have to, but when the basic set of accessories doesn't change for 20 years, then it becomes an issue.

Windows has not really offered anything unique out of the box since Windows 95.

well, microsoft hasn't really offered anything unique (except its eulas) ever.

really, though, what other accessories do you guys want?

Edited by badbinary

well, microsoft hasn't really offered anything unique (except its eulas) ever.

really, though, what other accessories do you guys want?

since they charge all this dough for office when others are free why not include it @ no extra charge !

unlike openoffice.org, microsoft is a for-profit company. if they think they can make money by selling a product, they will do just that. office is a big money-maker for them...why would they lose money by including it?

For a start that calculator lacks a scientific mode.

Notepad is just about the worst text editor I have ever used, I would not even contemplate coding in it.

Character map is basic, badly laid out and could do with a font manager built in.

I can't remember any of the others, Windows seems so far away...

Bb its the right thing to do .

:rofl3:

yes. i also demand that insurance be included when i buy a vehicle. it's the right thing to do.

:rofl3:

For a start that calculator lacks a scientific mode.

Notepad is just about the worst text editor I have ever used, I would not even contemplate coding in it.

Character map is basic, badly laid out and could do with a font manager built in.

I can't remember any of the others, Windows seems so far away...

The calculator does have a scientific mode. Just click View > Scientific