Sign in to follow this  
Chris951

Super XP tweak guide

One of the better ones.

That and his bad tweaks section that debunks quite a few of the popular tweaks that have little to no affect in XP.

Yeah that's a good one. However, I have found Koroush Ghazi's guides to be very informative as well. He not only has a XP guide but Vista and game and program specifics as well.

You can view his XP and Vista guides here

All of his guides can be found right here

Enjoy! :)

I did notice Tweakguides has been mentioned in this forum but the posts are about 2 years old. I guess they were lost in the shuffle. ;)

Edited by Nightwing

i use blackviper.com

and the bit about prefetch not speeding up a pc, well, i've installed xp pro to a 400 meg processor w/ 128 megs ram and getting rid of the prefetch did help since I was loading what I wanted to run, not setting up things that i have a history of running.

This really helped me when I was learning to tweak XP. Maybe it can help you out too :mrgreen:

http://tweakhound.com/xp/xptweaks/supertweaks1.htm

I can appreciate these tweakers for the average Bruce.

Problem with most of them is the they don't cover computers setup on a network, whether it's a 2003 server network or just a typical workgroup network. Would sure be nice to see a comprehensive list of necessary components on 2003 server networks. :)

i did this to my wifes pc and she is not complaining no more. (about the pc that is.) :lol:

thanks. i am about to do this to my vista lappy and my gaming rig. thanks for the tips.