Sign in to follow this  
RagingAura

MY PC MY PC!

I was going to say that as well but I always get flamed over that. :surrender:

And looking at your computer name "MYGAMINGPC" makes me wonder what kind of games are you planning to play on a budget laptop. :cr@sh:

ya...buy a cheaper "economy" pc and it's what you get

Follow the tip to improve the video performance and turn off all that "eye candy", it may be pretty to look at but it shoots the hell out of performance. Somebody mentioned a heat problem, I concur. It sounds like the cpu is heating up and shutting down, then it takes major time to cool before starting up again. Definitely get ahold of Acer. ;)

Joe C, It doesn't matter if the Visual Effects are set to, "Adjust for best appearence", even if I set it to, "Adjust for best performance", it still runs like junk. I'm just going to put Windows XP Home Edition on it. I ran a trial version of XP on it, and it ran SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FAST AND GOOD!

Oh, and before I forget, I use limewire for movies and music, I don't download executable programs, and anyways I virus scan, and spyware scan my PC, it doesn't find anything.

Oh, and again! I finally contacted ACER, They said that I should upgrade my RAM, and I also have a 1YEAR warranty. I chewed them out too! So congrats to me!! :)

notification thing at the bottom of the screen says, "Display driver stopped responding and had recovered"

Known bug in the early Nvidia Vista RTM drivers, and pretty much fixed in the latest releases. Another thing that is not helping much,

NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 405 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)

your current video drivers were installed through Windows Update, and as far as I know they are from one of the driver versions that had that bug. I am currently using the 158.24,

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1629

and haven't seen the "driver stopped responding" message once with them.

I tend to agree with what someone else said about it overheating. Grab this,

http://www.majorgeeks.com/PC_Wizard_d3846.html

after installing click on the Temperatures, Voltages and fans button, and post back any and all temperatures that are displayed.

Oh, and before I forget, I use limewire for movies and music, I don't download executable programs, and anyways I virus scan, and spyware scan my PC, it doesn't find anything.

:cr@sh::rofl2:

oh i'm wrong, I should have typed this into another topic. Sorry i was multitasking :P

Well, you did make a observation in post#19 in this thread, go back and see it :P Edited by Wademan