Sign in to follow this  
RagingAura

MY PC MY PC!

PLEASE BARE WITH ME! I'M FURIOUS!!! I got a Acer Aspire T180, 512MB RAM, 250GB HD, and a 4000+ AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor. I can't believe my BRAND NEW PC WORKS LIKE MY 1982 PC!!! This piece of junk doesn't even meet the MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR WINDOWS VISTA!!! I got this computer from my Best Buy store in Council Bluffs, IA, the warranty was for 30 days, it worked great up until the warranty was done with, then it started running extremely bad!!!!!!!!!!! I can watch movies and all of a sudden my screen turns completely black and then a notification thing at the bottom of the screen says, "Display driver stopped responding and had recovered", it does this over at least 20 times in a 5 minute period! Don't you guys DARE tell me that isn't fixed, and there is nothing I can do about it. To this point, I'm trying to do my best to fix the problem. I virus scanned my computer, had no viruses, spyware scanned it, no spyware, I adware scanned it, no adware, I deleted unneeded files like Nortons, games that I put on there earlier that I don't need no more, and I ran a frick'n defrag on the hard drive!!!! THE PROBLEMS PERSIST!!!! So I thought I would completely restore my restore my computer, I did, loaded Vista back on and everything, HE PROBLEMS STILL THEIR!!!!!!! I tried getting the new graphics driver from NVIDIA, my graphics go bad, forcing my to restore my PC!!!! AT THIS POINT I'M FED UP WITH THE PIECE OF JUNK. I tried setting my graphics down very low, still the problem persists, and just a few days ago, I was watching a movie, and all of a sudden the whole thing shuts off. but my monitor and speakers were still on. I tried turning it back on, and do you know what happens?!?!?!?! IT WOULDNT TURN ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to wait hours just for it to finally turn back on. NOTE: The power to my home did not give out, or else it would of turned the monitor off too. AT THIS POINT I WANT TO BURN MY HOUSE DOWN!!!!!!!!! OVER A PIECE OF JUNK COMPUTER!!!! and I was stupid enough to buy this junk. IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY IDEAS PLEASE TELL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

All I know is for Vista 1G of memory is the minimum, 2G recommended. Do a full Pit Test & post a link, you may get more help.

512mb is the minimum requirement. 1gb is the minimum if you want to keep your sanity. I ran Vista with 512 a while back, almost smashed my PC with a hammer.

You need to double the RAM/memory for sure...I wonder what the pit test would show on this :huh: you can try an take the PcPitStop test here> http://www.pcpitstop.com/ select "full test" to to the left, after test is complete you will see a TechExpress link, upper right side, click it, then copy/'paste the results back here for us. "may" shed more light on this, but I can bet you need lots more ram. memory, its cheap an easy to install. And like everyone else is asking, why only 30 days warranty? I know best buy sucks, but still..should have been 1 year. :surrender: and no pc is worth burning your house down over :geezer:

Wademan

Edited by Wademan

The 30 day warrenty only applies to returning it to Best Buy you still have the company warranty which means you need to contact the manufacturer not burn down your house :cr@sh: By all means act on this immediately since a new computer with problems never gets better it only gets worse. Contact Acer after you take a deep breath since you need to be calm to get them to listen to you.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? If you had this computer surely WITHOUT A DOUBT WANNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN!!!! What I'm going to do since you guys said that I should have a warranty longer the 30 days, I will check out this PC on BestBuy.com. I hope I find out the warranty is longer!!

I have to admit I did think of some great things involving explosives and my old PC.

Only big enough to take out one room though. :mrgreen:

If you burn your house down, may I have your tv, and coffee maker, before your burn it down, please? :P I bet its ONE year warranty, as Miss mousey said.. :lol:

Wademan

Edited by Wademan

"512mb is the minimum requirement. 1gb is the minimum if you want to keep your sanity. I ran Vista with 512 a while back, almost smashed my PC with a hammer."

Sorry I misspoke (maybe 1G is needed is better) for Vista to run sanely. As I said all I know. (is what I study from the pros)

Simonsells, LOL, If I don't get this problem fixed, I'll strap dinomite to this, and blow it up outside, and then take the pieces and ask for a warranty at bestbuy! :)

I'm thinking about just blowing the thing up with a stachel charge, then take the rubble back for a warranty :)

Test link STILL don't work...see my previous link to make sure it works.. :hammer:

Seems like a heat problem, you said you would wait for hours just to turn on the PC.

And if you run onboard video (sharing ram from the main ram), it would subtract the eaten ram so you would not get the 512mb ram minumum requirement for Windows Vista

:geezer:

Do not check the warranty at Best Buy go to the web site for Acer In the bad old days I bought computers from Best Buy but I also read the warranty information in the owner manual and every one had a 1 year warranty. Contact the company for service.

did you follow the recommendation from the test?

Windows visual effects are configured to "Adjust for best appearance". This setting can result in slow user interface performance, particularly on low-end systems. We recommend that you eliminate some of the standard animations and graphics backgrounds to make the user interface more responsive.

Also, using limewire can lead to getting spyware/trojans on your pc too

Edited by Joe C

did you follow the recommendation from the test?

Also, using limewire can lead to getting spyware/trojans on your pc too

I was going to say that as well but I always get flamed over that. :surrender:

And looking at your computer name "MYGAMINGPC" makes me wonder what kind of games are you planning to play on a budget laptop. :cr@sh: