Sign in to follow this  
8210GUY

Uninstallable driver

As stated TBH, I have had issues with this in the past sometimes but usually resolve them, but this time (this is my rocket scientist daughters PC) it just wont work.

Every time I boot I get the found new hardware wizard, directing it to every driver for this system 1 at a time does nothing, neither does updating online, under the device manager I get:-

This device is not configured correctly (Code 1)

I would obviously rather install it than disable it, but it just seems Uninstallable, I've tried about everything I can think of from sticking the driver files and extracting them then directing the install driver to that folder, it sees the drivers but says they can not be installed, mainly because they are the wrong ones, at least I guess thats why, in the past it appears to of been an audio issue, and I have managed to sort that in the past, but this time nothing is working, all running programs are stopped\disabled while trying, makes no difference, I can't even be sure what the device is, all the thing gives me is:-

ACPI\ABT2005\3&2411E6FE&0

And that is under the heading of "Device Instance Id" so it's like flying blind, I can't get a driver for a device I don't know lol, any ideas people ?

Holy samolians batman that was it, Thanks for that :b33r::clap:

I was so busy dealing with installing actual drivers and checking for remnants of any infection that it never occurred to me about that, well that and the fact it gives me problems as well, because the CPU fan does not connect to the motherboard (just a molex plug), the system thinks something is wrong and sounds alarms shutting me down etc, so I wasn't in a hurry to install that, didn't even register it may of been a driver, I just considered it a utility, so Thanks again for that, now I can get back to checking for remnants of any infections etc.