Sign in to follow this  
cmunson

Dell to sell PCs at Wal Mart

Thats all well and good for the average user, but no thanks i will continue to do it the fun way and build my own thanks

does wally sell many pc's anyway?

my local walmart has a pi$$ poor selection of computer stuff,although i do like that small new HP...if only it had a core2duo/8800gtx, but thier selections are very generic anyway, its like a mini bestbuy there or something

how come bestbuy stopped selling alienware?

Poor sales. No surprise.

The margin on PCs at Best buy is so thin in some cases zero. They make their money on accessories etc. uge markup there.

but thier selections are very generic anyway

Yup...anything you want as long as it comes in the color, flavor, style, whatever, that they sell........

cuz Dell bought them out about a year ago

cuz Dell bought them out about a year ago

exactly. at that time, dell had no desire to sell in big box stores. now, they're having a change of heart since hp is walking all over them.

a high performance laptop laptop for 599 $ ain't bad, walmart makes it why cant dell ?

look at the price squeeze! if i can lower the price of my pc's i will sale more, though i would not profit as much as quick but the assembly lines will be screaming hence the end of sagging sale's :lol:

walmart generates loads of cash in a day, you have a large department store loaded with thousands buying just about anything and theres only three cashier's :rofl2:

there brilliant

brilliant?..... or a day late and a dollar short?

HP's got'em by the short and curly's cuz they're already there on top of sales

Dell's were popular because they HAD great service. I don't think Dell's are any better that another oem pc out there today, Just about all hardware today is stable and works well right out of the box

joe is exactly right. in today's age, a computer is a computer. with a small handfull of exceptions, no computer maker has a truly superior product compared to another computer maker.

the difference from here on out is going to be the service and customer friendliness that the computer companies show. i think dell offering non-windows computers is a big step in the right direction, but i think a bigger step would be to bring their consumer tech support back to the usa. american tech support is good enough for businesses, why not the average consumer?

just think of the positive press that would follow an announcement to bring back jobs that were outsourced...as wages and conditions improve in places like india, it's becoming more and more likely.

good lord, this is the second time bb's agreed with me in a single thread. I gotta call my doctor and get my prescriptions checked to be sure everything's ok

:rofl2::rofl2::laughing::laughing::b33r:

i think dell offering non-windows computers is a big step in the right direction, but i think a bigger step would be to bring their consumer tech support back to the usa.

They are.

National Call Centers [And Other Service Improvement Ideas]

The IdeaStorm community has suggested a variety of ideas about how Dell can improve our global call center network and the service and support that we provide to our customers. We agree with those of you who say that we haven’t done as well as we could in this area, but we’re making some good progress – and we have some updates to share with you, based on your feedback.

In the coming year, we will continue to increase the number of support team members in our consumer technical support group in North America. We expect to have approximately 2,000 consumer agents in North America by mid-year, as a result of the addition and continued growth of our customer contact centers.

We understand that first and foremost, customers want resolution to their problems. However, there are times when accent and pronunciation can also become an issue. So, we are focused on improving resolution and to further improve the support experience, we have recently implemented new English-language verbal and written fluency testing as a part of our hiring process. If candidates do not meet our improved language standard, they are not hired into Dell.

We've recently done a number of other things to improve our service and support, and we hope you are starting to see the difference. Read today’s Direct2Dell post by :filtered: Hunter, Vice President of Consumer Customer Experience and Support, for more on improvements Dell has made in the last six months, and what the early results look like so far.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global....;l=en&s=gen Edited by Chopdoc

they are hiring new consumer techs on top of what they've outsourced, not replacing outsourced techs with domestic techs as i think they need to do.

some things are...

a cold shiner bock after a long day...

the cleanliness and bright sunshine after a powerful thunderstorm...

newly born babies...

a dip in a cool pool in the heat of the summer...

waking up next to my wife in the morning...

derek and the domino's layla...

i could go on

Edited by badbinary