Sign in to follow this  
radio

Classifieds section on the Pit?

Classifieds?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Voted, although I suggest that the pit issues a legal disclaimer should it go ahead saying that the deal is between the people concerned directly and nothing to do with the pit to cover itself, but also assure them you will aid where possible with the authority's should the worst arise, that was the sort of thing I set up on a board years ago and it seemed to serve all well, I also advised users to use a signed for service as a minimum to protect themselves as it gives proof of posting and receipt.

added 250 posts as an option

does that mean I can create another account and vote again?

To keep folks from joining just to sell something.

Thats why I voted 1000 posts. Keeps it in the "family" so to speek. :)

Thats why I voted 1000 posts. Keeps it in the "family" so to speek. :)

The danger one faces with such an area is someone will spam like crazy to get to the quantity of posts required to sell something, I saw this many a time on sites I was on where selling was allowed, obviously they shouldn't be able to sell stuff immediately, but you need a realistic balance to stop them from spamming just to sell, just thoughts from my experience with these things.

If it's legit, why would it matter how many posts?

I think it would help if they had atleast 500 posts, I voted 1000 I think or base it on how many years they been here, I would say 1 year + min. 500 post,just my 2 cents , simply be easier to trust the person, and make sure they not some spammer or some nut case, lol.. :lol: Edited by Wademan

I'm with Bill, number of posts seems a bit silly. I reckon to post in that section they should get admin approval rather than base it on the number of posts. Have it at 1000? There are members who have been here for years and are regulars who haven't made 1000 posts, why stop them from being able to use the section?

with regards

to be a little more clear, if we do add this new section it will also be password protected, and every post will be reviewed prior to being visible to those with access.

to be a little more clear, if we do add this new section it will also be password protected, and every post will be reviewed prior to being visible to those with access.

ahhh cool beans, guess you get the "password" if you "qualify" :tup:

:geezer:

I voted, I think it is a Great Idea, if Controlled.

Many people have older Computers that Parts are difficult, if not impossible to source out?

Most people would prefer to negiotate in a Friendly Controlled Area.

Posts are not really releviant? 100 Posts and 1000 Posts would be all the same to a really Bad Person, they would just hide.

Radios' Comment is Important.

I Personally Love the Idea, Mate.

For example I need an Abit IS7-E Motherboard?

:sparkle::wub::sparkle:

Edited by Drovers Dog