Sign in to follow this  
mdehart78

think about buyin a mac

I use the internet i love firefox , email, gamer , I do fantasy sports

I love my 30g ipod

desktop or notebook?

i dont know why somebody say apple better than a pc so I was just think about it.

yes the ipod works great on my pc.

my pc about 2 months old .

If you want to buy a Mac, then you go down and have a look at them, the folks who work at Mac stores and stores that sell Macs are far more knowledgeable then the widiots selling PC's in those same stores.

With a Mac you will be getting a far superior operating system that just works and ships with just about every software application you will likely need as a home user, not to mention web and ftp server :tup:

Anyway, it's about choice, and "you" make the choice that is right for you, if it's a Mac that you want then you go get one, ignore the type comments made above that do nothing to help you make an "informed" decision.

Macs are nothing but PCs now, even though I think OS X is an incredible OS. OSx86 anyone? Sure, it's illegal, but it also proves that Macs are nothing but mid-range PCs with poor hardware upgradeability. Try getting an 8800 for a Mac. ;)

I use the internet i love firefox , email, gamer , I do fantasy sports

I love my 30g ipod

You can do that with Linux, Windows, OS X, pretty much any OS out there, so there's no need to spend money on a mid-range PC, when he already has a pretty good one. That is, if he plans on buying an Intel Mac. If not, then the whole PC bit is blown out of the water, since technically, PCs are based off Intel & Intel compatible processors.

Edited by brandon

I've tried PC's & now am a Mac convert. Now have old G5 PowerMac on OSX 10.4.9.

Like a Ferrari to T Ford. Easy ,Intuitive, & no trouble after using regular routine Maintainance programme. :clap: Go for it. W.

Dude if you want a Mac buy a Mac. I have nothing against Macs but Mac users on the other hand get on my freaking nerves. It's like 90% of them suffer from some deep psychological inferiority complex that means they have to compare their Macs to everything constantly. I avoid Mac users like the plague because I don't feeling like beating the crap out of socially challenged douche.

Dude if you want a Mac buy a Mac. I have nothing against Macs but Mac users on the other hand get on my freaking nerves. It's like 90% of them suffer from some deep psychological inferiority complex that means they have to compare their Macs to everything constantly. I avoid Mac users like the plague because I don't feeling like beating the crap out of socially challenged douche.

I would have to agree with you there. No offense to most mac users, but some of you are just annoying. Same thing with some windows users though. I don't get mad though, I laugh. The funniest thing is when they completely believe the mac vs pc commercials and say something like "my computer is more fun than yours". And I bring up how few games they can play.

What I like about my Mac is that it is as fast today as the day I bought it.

My PC is much faster today than the day I put it together.

What I like about my PC is the fact that it's faster than a MAC. Even running OS X-86 it's faster than a MAC. :)

IANAAF (I Am Not An Apple Fan), but which mac? Yeah my pc is faster than a G3, but that's hardly a comparison.

Any MAC.

Give us a comparison then. Your computer versus a Mac with the same specs.

I fail to see how one would be faster than the other. :shrug:

Give us a comparison then. Your computer versus a Mac with the same specs.

I fail to see how one would be faster than the other. :shrug:

Have you seen MACs shipping with QX6800s? How about 8800s in sli or HD2900s? Ya, I think we can safely say REAL pcs are faster.

"What I like about my Mac is that it is as fast today as the day I bought it." Which is.....DOG SLOW.

Edited by bigchrome

I think comparing the Spec of Macs and Windows PCs is pitiful at best, considering how a bog-standard Mac probably runs much more smoothly that a Windows computer with duel 8800s, 8GB of ram and two Pentium Core Duos.

I think comparing the Spec of Macs and Windows PCs is pitiful at best, considering how a bog-standard Mac probably runs much more smoothly that a Windows computer with duel 8800s, 8GB of ram and two Pentium Core Duos.

:laughing::rofl2: